• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

92 clutch discontinued, what to do?

xcm

NAXJA Forum User
EDIT: sorry about thread topic, it should read "92 clutch master cylinder discontinued, what to do?"

so somehow a 92 mj in my care came about melting a plastic clutch line, upon further inspection, the line doesnt disconnect at the MC, only at the clutch slave, AND ITS PLASTIC LINES?!?

went to the dealer to inquire upon a replacement line, and its discontinued, as is the MC, went to a local source (angler brothers, SM) they say the same thing, cant get it... Can i upgrade or downgrade and get a metal line with minimal effort?

thanks

You can convert it to an external slave, need a new bellhousing and a clutch plus all the other parts.

update for searchers: found a replacement plastic line at the junkyard, theres a small pin on the M/C that holds the plastic line in... its not impossible!

I had a similar problem. I broke the line on the external version and I had to buy a whole assembly because I couldnt find just the line, which is stupid because as you pointed out, you can remove the line with the pins.

Back