• NAXJA is having its 18th annual March Membership Drive!!!
    Everyone who joins or renews during March will be entered into a drawing!
    More Information - Join/Renew
  • Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

KOH 2012, who wants to go?

Team Willys

www.rocksolidfab.com
Unfortunately Judy will not be done in time for KOH. We just don't have the budget or time to do it right and build it how we want so we are kinda slowing the build down to a point where we will be able to do it how we really want it. So, that being said, we now have a spot for one more vehicle and at least 1-2 more passengers. I just don't want to tow a single Jeep across the country when I can take 2 for just a little more fuel money. Tim will be towing his Jeep as well as Sam's (Dougs girl) and I will be towing Betty and well... who ever else decides to go.

The deal is as follows. We split fuel evenly there and back, or if I can get us enough black diesel and figure out a way to transport it, I'll get us there and my passengers have to get us back. Everybody buys their own food. We have booked a camper for this year so you will be expected to pay for your part of that as well (split evenly amongst all occupants). Your camper share fee will be about $160-$175 for the week. Trust us, you don't even want to consider a tent, chances are it won't make it through the wind, so that's the reason for the camper this year. A good honest budget to shoot for between fuel, camper fee, and food will be about $650 give or take a little. Will be cheaper if I can get my home-brew fuel shortage cured. Last year averaged about $500-$550 per person but fuel was a little more expensive than the project costs for Feb 2012, so if we have to buy there and back, it may cost us a little less.

As for your vehicle, there are a few requirements. The terrain out there is pretty harsh. In most cases there are not bypasses to the obstacles in the trails. However, a lot of times there are easier routes that can be taken, and the rocks have excellent traction. Its not like out here, there are no trees at all, and no soft dirt. Just rocks, sand, and hard pack gravelish packing in the rocks. Due to the type of terrain, we would like to keep it to a minimum of a 35" tire. Also, you NEED real bump stops. Tires hitting the fenders will not be sufficient! You will be required to drive several miles across wash-board (as in 2 ft deep bumps) desert terrain at a rate of speed higher than 2 mph lol. This is how you get front camp to the trails. Front and rear lockers should be mandatory as well. Finally, you need a winch and adequate front and rear recovery points.

We had a blast last year and I personally am looking forward to it again! I can honestly say it is by far some of the best wheeling I have ever done and I think you would agree if you decide to tag along. I'm going to need to arrange a trailer that can fit 2 jeeps on it once somebody confirms they are going, so the sooner you can commit, the better. I would like to have our "attending" list finalized by no later than the end of December.

Post up or give me a call. My contact info as well as pictures from last years event can be found on my website; www.rocksolidfab.com. I look forward to your confirmation that you will be attending!

I encourage anyone that can....go!!! I can't make the trip this time :rattle: but I had an awsome time this past year. I wouldn't trade it for anything.

The camper thing, yeah that's a great idea, the tent thing didn't work out so well. :D

One month to go!!!!

Team Struggle is still looking for a 5th person to ride to KOH in the bus.

You know you want to go! Post up!

You will be riding in style with us in Brian Ho's old bus, currently being refitted by me for extreme comfort and relaxation.

The list of amenities includes...........

32"flat screen tv.
xbox gaming system.
Surround sound for movies.
Full kitchen, including outdoor grill. (for smoking ribs while traveling)
Fully stocked bar. (really,.....like it wouldn't have this!)
Amazing outdoor bathroom!
And the best one.......... our supremely good company! party1:

We will be leaving from Atlanta and Chattanooga on Feb 2nd and returning on or around Feb 14th.

you may pm me for additional details or call me at 706-207-6429

Wish I could go but unfortunately I won't have my tax or profit sharing checks until after and I still need to at very least fix my front axle before WF!

The Bus is making strides to completion.

Breaking news kids! Turns out the privilege of riding to KOH with Tyler and company is NOT closed!

One seat and one seat only is available today!

We only have a month to go and we must fill this spot in Tyler's mighty Ram!

Post up or miss out!

We really need two, so bring a friend!

Last year was one of the best times ever!

This thread will get bumped every 12 hrs! We MUST have one more person!
Do not miss out on a trip to remember!

Times they are a changin'!

Turns out we will all ride in the bus! Tyler will not be taking his Dodge

Plenty of room to move around while traveling.

Tim, is Floyd making the trip?

Yes Floyd the Struggle Wagon will once again rub flat black paint against So-Cal rocks!

Hadfield sorry to hear that, you will be missing out. Know of any one else?

Back