• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

What is everyones plans for the 4th?

Yeah now that you mention it i've biked downieville and seen patches in early summer before. But thats at the top of poker flat road which is at around 7k i think, although this year is quite different from years past so i'm not really sure what to expect.

Last edited:
Wish I could go wheeling but family time has priority and I am stuck in the bay area. For those who share the same fate of hanging around the bay area, July 3rd at Shoreline in Mountain View, my wife's parents church is holding a July 4th 'Celebrate America.' Live music, food, car show, fireworks, children entertainment, animal farm and ofcourse a tribute/appreciation show honoring all service men and women in public safety and military! All this for the price of Free! It is great family fun. If anyone wants to know more just let me know. The church is Bethel Church of San Jose.

Nick

Wish I could go wheeling but family time has priority and I am stuck in the bay area. For those who share the same fate of hanging around the bay area, July 3rd at Shoreline in Mountain View, my wife's parents church is holding a July 4th 'Celebrate America.' Live music, food, car show, fireworks, children entertainment, animal farm and ofcourse a tribute/appreciation show honoring all service men and women in public safety and military! All this for the price of Free! It is great family fun. If anyone wants to know more just let me know. The church is Bethel Church of San Jose.

Nick

girlie from my work is always at mountain view winnery. I hear its a cool venue. Have fun with the noble cause.

I just got back from Quincy/Bucks Lake. Still too much snow on north side and in campground at Silver Lake (elev. 5775) lake full, escarpment full of snow. Melting fast, it'll be 80 there tomorrow. Creeks and runoff is high.

One part of the road is a river forge (really just a creek, but it was full today). Better road to the campground is 2 miles up Bucks Lake Rd.

May be there on the 4th

Every 4th weekend for the past 6 years has been a camping trip to Fort Ross. It is so nice there this time of year and it is right after abalone season so there aren't too many people around. Rock fishing every day!!

Every 4th weekend for the past 6 years has been a camping trip to Fort Ross. It is so nice there this time of year and it is right after abalone season so there aren't too many people around. Rock fishing every day!!

ive never been up there, you guys take a boat or charter and fish for rock cod? or fish off the rocks?

according to this site there's two spots to camp; reef and salt point campgrounds, which one is better?
http://www.fortrossstatepark.org/

I'm always looking for cool spots to camp along/near the beach.
just took a road trip two weekends ago to el capitan beach to camp and surf. Thats a good one near the santa barbara area.

im a maybe. like a 10% chance

Well it looks like its back on for the con on the 4th weather permitting. Anybody care to join? I'll be with maybe 5 other rigs.
I might be up for that, what are the plans? I did the Tahoe end of the Rubicon this weekend. We were the 1st in from the East this season. Got as far as about the road to Blackwood. 10' of snow most places, no prob there but wherever water ran there was an 8' dropoff and an 8' snow bank to climb on the other side & there was running water everywhere.

im a possibly.. Starting a new Job next week and need to get my sched. then I will update.

Back