• NAXJA is having its 18th annual March Membership Drive!!!
    Everyone who joins or renews during March will be entered into a drawing!
    More Information - Join/Renew
  • Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Diff Covers for an - XJ, 8.25, 8.8, D30 & D44's

3/8" plate is not f***ing around.

What the world needs is a weld on unit for a ford 9" banjo front pumpkin. While you're at it one for the HD rear housing. Currie ought to but it looks like i've been left on my own.
:helpme:

Ordered one for the 8.25. Thanks for the discount.

Installed. Really beefy, fit perfectly, and even masked the locker noise. My only two issues were: 1) No washers with the bolt package. 2) Having to use a open end wrench to tighten the bolts(I couldn't get a socket or a box end to fit past the steel walls). I haven't had it off road yet but it seems to be a tight fit(no leaks), and it sure will be a great thing not to worry about bending my cover. Thanks again for the discount.

My only two issues were: 1) No washers with the bolt package. 2) Having to use a open end wrench to tighten the bolts(I couldn't get a socket or a box end to fit past the steel walls).

Chuck-

Thanks for the feed-back, and I am happy to see another one of our covers proudly protecting another set of gears! first I've heard of the locker-noise muffling, but hey, we'll take it! haha.

On your couple of issues, we run a counter-boring process specifically so that there is enough room for a socket to fit over the bolt head, as that was an issue with some of the early heavy-duty style covers. By chance were you using impact sockets (the typically black powdered finish ones)? I know they are a little larger OD than typical sockets.

We do make a point to send out with hex-headed bolts, as wrenches/sockets are already in most folk's tool bags, and we've heard a trail story or 500 about people not having the right allen wrench, or stripping them out after they tighten them too hard really easily. And of course we make them optional as a lot of people are firm believers in the allen-wrench style bolts.

Part of the objective with the counter-boring is to remove as little material as possible, and most washers are slightly larger diameter than the socket used to tighten them, so to make room for washers ends up taking more material out of the cover. Plus as you have so far, and hopefully continue to experience, leaks are almost never an issue even without washers.

Thanks again for the order, I'm glad the discount saved you a little, and am always happy to hear input from my awesome customers!

Back