• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Rough Country 6.5 Lift kit

Jeepxj94

NAXJA Forum User
I've been looking at the Rough Country 6.5 lift for 995$$.

i have a 1994 Jeep Cherokee Country.

Anyone have any info on it? How is this lift?

Peace, Scott

My buddy is an installer for 4wheel parts, told me to stick to RE, skyjacker and rustys.

i have the RC 6.5 and i love it, it takes its fair shair of abuse and keeps on going.... im running that with 35/16/15 boggers with my dana 30/35 lockrite lockers on both, trimmed front and rear fenders to accomodate the 35's, i have no complaints and the ride quality is pretty decent compared to what other lifted jeeps ive been in.... PM me if you want some pics of my jeep or any other info on what i think of the lift

Xtreme Jeeper said:
If you want to go that high, i suggest going with a skyjacker, or a rusty's, more money, but well worth it. if 5.5" is enough go with rubicon express. just my .02

Correction: I didn't know that RE made a 6.5" lift. I would recommend any of the three for a lift.

SO..

Rough Country's 6.5" Lift isn't worth it??

I should go with Rusty's or RE or Skyjacker?

ybreal210, you said you have this kit?

How is it??

Thanks Guys!!

Peace Scott

for a DD I would definatly say there are better options than the Rough Country kit as it. now with some control arm drop brackets it would ride much better.

i have the 6.5 lift. the rear springs sagged in 6 months. so i called them and sent em pictures. so they they held true to the warranty, and sent me another set. but it must have been a first timers build because the leaves were off set and crookit. the front flexs like crazy. buy some bump stops and longer front brake lines. oh and a longer e-brake extension. the kit doesnt come with em. the ride isnt all that bad but i am planning a longarm up grade just dont know which one. oh and also dont get the hydro shocks they suck 100% in every way. i run rubicon monotubes .great shocks. as far as installing the lift you can do it yourself. its straight forward.

ybreal210 said:
i have the RC 6.5 and i love it, it takes its fair shair of abuse and keeps on going.... im running that with 35/16/15 boggers with my dana 30/35 lockrite lockers on both, trimmed front and rear fenders to accomodate the 35's, i have no complaints and the ride quality is pretty decent compared to what other lifted jeeps ive been in.... PM me if you want some pics of my jeep or any other info on what i think of the lift
did you get the sye with it? Who lengthened your driveshaft? Im thinking abt getting the RC 6.5 with some 33x14 boggers. Itd be cool if u posted pics of your truck up too.

no SYE, and didnt lengthen driveshaft.... has a hell of an angle to it, but i have my Xfer case dropped 1.5 inches plus the angle from the spring pack on the rear.... i constantly blow out the rearmost ujoint, im just to broke right now to buy an SYE and im also too lazy to have to H&T my output shaft with the RE SYE since i have the 242 case...... if you want pics of my truck send me a PM with your email address and i'll send you pics of it

i have the rusty's 6.5 with custom long arms and 35 X-terrains and lockers front and rear and the whole system rules... i rub alot but that can be changed with just a littlbe bit of trimming.. the rustys kit ride pretty well

Back