• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

cruise control

cliffhanger135

NAXJA Forum User
92 xj and the cruise control isnt working. I have checked all of the vacume lines that i can see and checked the wiring that i can trace. I there a fuse some where that im missing? Whats the deal?

Hi,
I've got a 92 with intermittant cruise problems and was hoping someone would reply to your post too.

Have you checked the Vacuum Canister?

If you have vaccum you may have a problem with the control on the turnsignal stalk. It has 4 wires that are 22 ga. and tend to break easily over time. Pull the lever out and examine. replacements are cheap. If you do replace it, cut the wires right by the stalk, tape the new wire to the old you just cut and pull the old through the column and down to where it attaches under the dash next to the column. I replaced my stalk and now my jeep just accelerates when I turn on the cruise!! who hoo but not fun in traffic.

Back