• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Will a dana 35 ARB Locker fit a Dana 30

fangskate

NAXJA Forum User
Hey I guys I tried to search and couldn't come up with an answer. I read that a lunchbox locker from a Dana 35 will fit a Dana 30 and I really want some verification on that. More importantly, I need to know if an ARB AIR LOCKER will fit between the 2 axles as well?

My buddy is sellling his locked dana 35 and I was thinking this may be a cheap way to grab a selectable locker for my dana 30 in the front (I'm running a Chrysler 8.25 in the rear). I am currently geared with 4.56 and he is running the same in his 35.

Any help would be appreciated; and please only respond if you truly know your stuff, misinformation is the last thing I need.

Thanks guys!

Last edited:
I think you prolly read about using dana 44 stuff in a dana 30. If I remember correctly that is possible if u change shafts also. Something about the spline counts being different but other stuff being same. I am sure if I am way off some one will chime in.

Yea I know some of it is possible because I read an entire thread where a guy accidentally put a dana 35 locker in a Chrysler 8.25 by mistake and it actually worked....he hadn't realized he bought the locker for the wrong axle until he tried to replace the axle seals and they wouldn't fit the tubes lol

the axle seals have nothing to do with the locker on an 8.25. how would that be a giveaway that he had installed the wrong locker? and your question was about the D30, not the 8.25.

it is possible to stuff a NON C CLIP D35 lunchbox locker (lunch box locker, like you said) into a D30. the c clip design has a larger side journal, and will not fit the D30 carrier. but again, referring back to your original post... the ARB is a full carrier replacement, and a D35 carrier will not fit in the D30 housing.

Back