• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Who is eligible

goodburbon

NAXJA Forum User
To run for a Chapter BOD position.

(minimum 1 year as a member)

Myself
Ramsey

Who else? More importantly who is willing to take on one of these positions of responsibility.

I know I could look at each of your profiles, but that would involve a lot of clicking.

Second question we need to answer here is; Do we need a 3 member panel (combine secretary and treasurer) or a 4 member panel

At this time, with our small population I see no need for a 4th member, what say the rest of you?

FYI: It looks like Arizona changed the Chapter rules regarding membership length to hold office. So, if we're short of folks with the "time served" to hold office, we could re-write the By-Laws to allow short-timers to hold office.

Yeah but who wants a bunch of noobs runnings things :D

Don't knock it till you try it, if running a club is anything like hooking up with fat chicks I'm golden.

I'm willing to help in anyway I can. I'd really love to be a part of the inner workings of this chapter as much as I can from the northern sections of Texas. Although I don't think I'd able to be a member of the BOD since I'm so far out here, but anything else I can do I'd love to pitch in!

Thats about 4 hours from me, so I'll do as much as I can. I'll probly pick the brains of Extankerguy, he's been there a bunch of times and I still haven't.

I would suggest that we consider waving the one year membership requirement in the bylaws for the first year while we are getting this chapter started. Then once the chapter is a year old, hopefully there will be a few more standing members with at least a year of tenure to run for the board.

That is if we are short handed on 1 year+ members. ???

I would rather have people that are willing, able, motivated, and have the time to see this first year through, than be worried about whether or not they had been a member for 12 months or 9 months.:sunshine:

I've got more than 1 year, but I'd have to say that I am lacking in the 'able' category. Just too much chit going on already.

I'm keeping my fingers crossed for the chapter, though.

XJ Dreamin' said:
I've got more than 1 year, but I'd have to say that I am lacking in the 'able' category. Just too much chit going on already.

I'm keeping my fingers crossed for the chapter, though.

It would be wise to have an odd number of directors on the Board (BOD), in order to break a tie vote, even if the third director was just a back up for tie votes, or one that could not offer as much time and effort as the others.

From the looks of things, we realy need more than one director, two directors can be a fatal error when and if they bump heads, and I doubt we could find 5 right now that are willing, able and elligable, so I suggest we go with three for now as the chapter minimum and leave room in the bylaws for adding 2 more when the chapter gets big enough to need 2 more.

OK so there are a few of us eligible for the BOD.

The following four members are qualified as far as I know, please correct me if I am wrong or have missed anyone.

Goodburbon
Ramsey
Jeepxj94
File 05

A few of the above mentioned parties have mentioned that they do not have time to commit or are to far removed from our central membership, myself included. That said, given the current status of our fledgling chapter, I will willingly serve if called upon.

I move that we establish a 3 man BOD with President, VP and Secretary.

I will note that we may need to appoint volunteers at some point to help us, but for the time being to keep this ship smooth and trim there will only officially be a 3 man BOD.

Now we need to decide who will hold what position.

Sounds good. What will each position entail?

I have ben a NAXJA user for several years but not a member for very long. But am willing to do whatever I can to help. That being said, I suggest the BOD be spread out. In other words not all from Houston or Dallas or New Orleans, you get the picture. That way there is no regional bias about events being held only in one area. Tx/La is a pretty big territory so we should not regionalize it any further.

Back