• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Reviving old thread - Bias vs. Radial

where you wheeling? Disney or Randolph ORV? The ORV is not quite as hard on tires as disney is. Disney is like sandpaper and just kills tread fast, great for traction though!

If you are looking at TSLs, LTBs, or Irocs they all wear fast on the highway. I had some 32x10.50 radial TSLs and the sidewalls were pretty thin compared to the 33x13.50 LTBs I have now. After I ripped a couple of them out I switched.

I wheel mostly at Tuttle Creek ORV, but would like to get the group down to Disney...
Dirk @ DPG told me that Disney eats tires, so I've been reluctant to tempt fate with my TA KO's!

Good info to know about the TSL's... that was one of the tires I had been considering.
Have also been looking at the LTB's - one of the main reasons that I'm asking about bias tires.

What kind of on-road mileage should I expect if I go with LTB's?

Also looking at Mickey Thompson (new mud radial) and Cooper STT (4WD & SUV mag gave it a pretty good review on loose dirt & rock).

Any of the bias tires will last quite a while at tuttle. Highway driving eats LTBs fast. They are a soft compound that is great for offroad though.

My rig rides a trailer to and from the park so my tires are several years old and still have plenty of tread. Have wheeled tuttle who knows how many times, colorado for a week twice, moab for a week, disney for a weekend twice, ect..

Andy

i have only had cheap radial mudders and have done very well at tuttle and ks rocks. They also last longer on those long road trips to the park.

andyr354 said:
Any of the bias tires will last quite a while at tuttle. Highway driving eats LTBs fast. They are a soft compound that is great for offroad though.

My rig rides a trailer to and from the park so my tires are several years old and still have plenty of tread. Have wheeled tuttle who knows how many times, colorado for a week twice, moab for a week, disney for a weekend twice, ect..

Andy

My father-in-law trailers his '90 Pioneer, and he has two seasons of wheeling on his MT Baja Claws (bias)... they still look brand new!

Thanks for the info Andy - maybe I will see you out on the trails sometime.

We post all of our trip dates at this website: web.mac.com/theratpatrol

-Chad

KSXJ said:
i have only had cheap radial mudders and have done very well at tuttle and ks rocks. They also last longer on those long road trips to the park.

Thanks for the info...
I've also been wanting to try KS Rocks, but have been waiting for it to be built up a little more.
All the good wheeling places are at least 2 or 3 hours away, so we have to get the most bang for our buck!

I should be going the 9th of dec with some others. Should be a good time. I have only gone one other time and I enjoyed it. Didn't get to see a whole lot, so I hope to see more this time.

Back