• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

BOD requirements

Should Members of less than 1 year be allowed to serve on the Texla Chapter BOD?

• Yes

Votes: 9 40.9%
  • NO

Votes: 13 59.1%

• Total voters
Sounds good to me, but from the looks of things its a dead tie with 16/16 voting (counting Bens vote the other way), The people have spoken. It looks as though there are only 5 members elligible and of those there are a few who don't have the time right now.

Ben H said:
When I was in basic training my DI wrote FFI "Failure to Follow Instructions" on my kevlar, while at the grenade range. I can't remember why, something about a pin, a spoon, and not throwing it after the spoon was released yada yada yada.

But I saw the poll and voted before following the instructions. I am a little bit enthused about this chapter, and my overzealousness got the best of me. I will be a member of this chapter, just not for another 9 months, please discount my vote if deemed necessary. Thank you, that is all.

Hehe, I always wondered why they got spooked when you threw the spoon.

Consider the vote closed with 10 Nay votes and 7 yes votes. Nay wins, only members who have been paying members for a period of longer than one year are eligible for BOD service.

Despite what the poll said, and that I voted no, I think we should consider going off of 6 months considering how few we have that are qualified.

Ramsey said:
Despite what the poll said, and that I voted no, I think we should consider going off of 6 months considering how few we have that are qualified.

Are there any members between 6 and 12 months that are able and willing to run?

I think I have less than that and am willing to run for it but it sounds like Burbon has already decided to close it off. Guess he is already in charge. I, for one, never knew about the chapter until today when I got a PM from Ecomike about it. As I stated elsewhere I usually go directly to the OEM or Modified forums because there has never been a Tx/La chapter to go to and Im not much of a off topic kinda guy. But if there is a change of heart just let me know. Im willing and able to spend the time required to do any of the jobs.

Last edited:
goodburbon said:
Come on in! I'm not in charge yet, I'm just trying to keep things moving so we don't stagnate and people lose interest again.

Did NOT mean that in any negative way. Someone must keep the ball rolling and I for one am glad it is rolling. If you are the one to blame for that them I am happy to blame you and congradulate you at the same time. You can count on me to not lose interest unless I'm dead of course. I looked into starting something when I first moved back to Tx but did not know enough people on the forum from the state. I am very pleased that you or whomever got this started.
I know I have said this before but here goes again, JUST LET ME KNOW WHAT I CAN DO AND I'M ON IT.

Back