• NAXJA is having its 18th annual March Membership Drive!!!
    Everyone who joins or renews during March will be entered into a drawing!
    More Information - Join/Renew
  • Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Lets get this started.

goodburbon

NAXJA Forum User
Thanks to BigDaddyChia we now have a forum.

Now down to business. I am going to start by reviewing the recent Arizona threads and the National rules regarding the formation of a Chapter.

I will also open a new thread to try to get a trend of the Popluation center so that we can see where everyone lies on a map in relation to one another. This will help us better organize meet and greets. based on geographic location.

I'll follow up and report progress here, keep an eye out for any other topics as they become relevant.

Chia any word from National regarding timeline and requirements besides "here's your forum."?

I'm sure that Jim's (azdesertrhino) experience will be a big help in the chapter setup.

Scott(BIgDaddyChia) indicated he would be willing to lead the process (any one willing to work will get the job) :D

His suggestion of a President, VP and Sec. will get the chapter started. However depending on the activity of the chapter a small BOD can burn out faster. If your membership is spread out, consider some additional at large BOD positions such as event coordinator(s). They can help with the work putting on events. If you follow the national by laws...official events must have a BOD member present.

We had an event coordinator in the IC Chapter. It was an appointed position. He was great and it help out the current BOD big time. But a job change has him moving to the AZ chapter.

Such positions are great to share the work load to keep from burning out people and provide backup when employment or other changes affect membership. They are also great for training future BOD members.

Dave
IC Chapter V.P.

azdesertrhino said:
Great to see y'all moving forward. :patriot:

Any chance you could provide a link or copy of your Arizona Chapter By-Laws for us to use as a starting point? It'd help move things forward even more. :)

Thanks!

Back