• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

What vehicle came w/OEM Temp/Compass/Map Lights Rear View Mirror?

selarep

NAXJA Forum User
Help me solve this clue and I will paypal you a few bucks!
I need to know what vehicle came with a rear view mirror that was auto dimmin, digital display of temp and compass viewable at the same time, and map lights. I wanna hook it up in my XJ with the aftermarket wiring found on ebay for $20. All I keep finding is the ones with digi temp and comp and auto dim but no map lights... help please!

99+ GM Fullsize trucks and SUV's, Silverado, Tahoe, Escalade, etc.

IslanderOffRoad said:
99+ GM Fullsize trucks and SUV's, Silverado, Tahoe, Escalade, etc.

those didnt come with all the features I'm looking for, they were missing the dome lights built into the mirror.

like this:
03GENK30BL2.jpg

Subscribing because I've been scouring the junkyards trying to find the same thing. There are plenty out there with 3 of the 4, but I haven't had any luck finding one with map lights.

I've got a autodim/compass/temp that I may end up throwing in if I can't find one with map lights for cheap.

Hell, one with all of that AND Homelink would be even better. For some reason I hate keeping a garage door remote on my visor.

MisterFubar said:
Subscribing because I've been scouring the junkyards trying to find the same thing. There are plenty out there with 3 of the 4, but I haven't had any luck finding one with map lights.

I've got a autodim/compass/temp that I may end up throwing in if I can't find one with map lights for cheap.

I'm in the same situation. I want the dome lights in the mirror so I can mod them with LED's and make it easier to see things up front, i have a mirror with 3 of the 4.

where did you find the harness? does it come with sensors for the temp and compass? ive been thinking of adding one with those features too.

mjd99xj said:
Caddy sedan deville?

nope. missing the dome lights.

The mirror i listed above in the pic shells out for 225+ shipping. Thats WAY to much...

opracer315 said:
If my memory is right, my 96 Grand Cherokee had that.

^ nope. no map lights.

I figured it out though. and we're all gonna laugh... TJ's had the option to come with a rear view mirror that has a temp, compass and map lights.
Also, Lincoln Continentals, Chrysler Siebrings, and most of the new Jeeps come with them too. Very easy 7 wire set up. I'm still trying to get confirmation that the Lincolns/Fords came with the temp feature becauase all I am seeing is the compass.
7 hours later i finally figure it out.... arg.
Price runs usually about $100 if you can find em, if not, look at spending about 250$.

Happy Hunting!

will that harness work for an overhead console with those features too?

Yeah, I've got one from a 03 TJ Rubicon(tomb raider edition) with the above specs, as well as the TJ wiring and the sensor that sits behind the grille, just haven't figure out how to install in my 92 XJ yet.

IslanderOffRoad said:
will that harness work for an overhead console with those features too?

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/New-Gentex-7-pin-Compass-Temperature-Mirror-Wiring-Kit_W0QQcmdZViewItemQQcategoryZ33699QQihZ008QQitemZ180146267097QQrdZ1QQsspagenameZWDVW

^ thats a complete harness for th 7-pin mirrors and most are 7 pin unless you get the onstar one. that one I think is a 14 pin, they sell those too. The listing above has all the wiring for everything in mirrors.

I got my kit for $150 shippedcomplete and brand new, just like this but with map lights. and all harness.
6a_1_b.JPG

selarep said:
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/New-Gentex-7-pin-Compass-Temperature-Mirror-Wiring-Kit_W0QQcmdZViewItemQQcategoryZ33699QQihZ008QQitemZ180146267097QQrdZ1QQsspagenameZWDVW

^ thats a complete harness for th 7-pin mirrors and most are 7 pin unless you get the onstar one. that one I think is a 14 pin, they sell those too. The listing above has all the wiring for everything in mirrors.

I got my kit for $150 shippedcomplete and brand new, just like this but with map lights. and all harness.

Where from?

Also, how are the 32" with the 5spd and 3.07 gears?

Thanks,
Mike

Last edited:
Back