• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Fuel pump questions.

PFunk242

NAXJA Member #1161
So i just put a new fuel pump in my jeep since mine was pretty much completely shot. 25 lbs of fuel pressure. But the jeep still isn't running right The book that came w/ my fuel pressure gage says that i should have 53 psi of fuel pressure. I am getting 33. I have read other pressures on here in that range but they weren't for a 92. Does anyone know what the fuel pressure should be on a 92? Also does anyone know what the flow rating is on the stock pumps? Like how many leaters per hour the pump is suppose to be able to move?

Thanks guys i really need to get this damn jeep running soon so i can finally drive to work.

PFunk242 said:
So i just put a new fuel pump in my jeep since mine was pretty much completely shot. 25 lbs of fuel pressure. But the jeep still isn't running right The book that came w/ my fuel pressure gage says that i should have 53 psi of fuel pressure. I am getting 33. I have read other pressures on here in that range but they weren't for a 92. Does anyone know what the fuel pressure should be on a 92? Also does anyone know what the flow rating is on the stock pumps? Like how many leaters per hour the pump is suppose to be able to move?

Thanks guys i really need to get this damn jeep running soon so i can finally drive to work.
On 91-95 OBDI the fuel pressure should be 39psi with the vacuum disconnected from the regulator. About 31 psi with the vacuum connected.
Did you change the filter?

K

Ya the filter was changed. Also i allmost forgot how much should the pressure drop if any once the key is off? It drops about 5 psi as soon as it stops running and then drops allthe way down to about 5 psi after 20 min.

Thanks guys.

PFunk242 said:
Ya the filter was changed. Also i allmost forgot how much should the pressure drop if any once the key is off? It drops about 5 psi as soon as it stops running and then drops allthe way down to about 5 psi after 20 min.

Thanks guys.

The factory service manual for my '98 says it's okay if the fuel pressure reads 0 after the engine is off after a while... they say the gas in the line contracts after cooling down which could result in a 0 reading. The important thing is that gas still remains in the line for the next start-up thanks to check valves in the fuel pump & filter/regulator.
I wouldn't worry about pressure after shut down.
regards,
jlex.

Back