• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Holy crap, it's gigantic!! Part II (with semi-big pics)

Safari Ary

NAXJA Forum User
First off, before I get to the pics, I want to put out a VERY BIG THANK YOU to this board and its wonderful members who make me spend every last penny I have :D I'm so happy with my Jeep right now I can't see straight, and it's all because of you f-ckers :D :party:

Now on to the pics, sorry their so big:

Poser shot
IM000158.jpg

Rear diff clearance
IM000155.jpg

Front geometry I
IM000154.jpg

Front geometry II
IM000153.jpg

Front geometry III
IM000152.jpg

That should kill everyones computer for now, I'll try and get more in the day light tomorrow. Don't rag on my rusty brackets too much, I ran out of time to paint, but will do so soon. Thanks

Ary

P.S. Oh, if you have any Q's, feel free :D

Gil BullyKatz said:
Nice blocks in the rear.....

Makes me feel better 'bout mine :laugh2:

I knew I forgot to mention something. The whole rear suspension is a temporary deal until I can afford some BOR 4" springs and boomerang shackles.

Ary

Dude ever hear of spray paint?? :D Looks good
Led

BrettM said:
you got something planned to make the trackbar and draglink angles match?

It doesn't looklike it from the pics, but they're almost perfect. As perfect as I could possibly get them without some sort of fancy instruments.

Ary

Very nice....hopefully you like this setup!

You know how much I am a fan of your XJ since back in the day.

Can I ask why BOR 4" springs (lil stiff for my taste)?

NCxj said:
Very nice....hopefully you like this setup!

You know how much I am a fan of your XJ since back in the day.

Can I ask why BOR 4" springs (lil stiff for my taste)?

My rear end is usually heavy, the 4" springs should give me closer to 5" of lift, and I don't want to run a traction bar or other axle-wrap eliminating device('cause I'm lazy).

Oh yeah, and stiff springs handle better on the road

Ary

Maybe the pics don't do it justice but from what I can see it looks like the trackbar mount could use some beefing up.

Consider adding some long, thin leaves to your existing pack before plopping down big $$$ for the BOR leaves. I have never been impressed with thier performance.

Carpenter said:
Maybe the pics don't do it justice but from what I can see it looks like the trackbar mount could use some beefing up.

Consider adding some long, thin leaves to your existing pack before plopping down big $$$ for the BOR leaves. I have never been impressed with thier performance.

Wes, the trackbar mount is made of 3/8" plate and is fully welded to the UCA tower and the tube. I need to gusset from the plate to the U piece that the trackbar actually goes to. As for the height, I made a boo-boo in ordering my shocks and they're too long. If I take the spacers out, they will bottom out. I will work on this issue, but for the time being the spacers will have to do. As for the rear, I'm actually toying with the idea of doing some longer than stock leafs and relocating the hangers to get better/more flex. The BOR plan is if I decide against doing the custom route. I know the Jeep is a little taller than it needs to be(more so in the front than the rear), and I'm hoping the new coils will settle some to help with this. Overall I'm very happy with the way things turned out for the first try, but as in all things, fine tuning is necessary.

Thanks everyone for the comments and compliments.

Ary

Edit: As for adding long thin leaves to the existing pack. I'm gonna nix that idea because this pack is so far gone, it's rediculous. Before I added the STIFF AAL the whole pack was "w" shaped and let the axle wrap like crazy.

Safari Ary said:
My rear end is usually heavy,

I just can't pass up on this quote, conveniently taken out of context... :party:

The set up looks real nice.

Safari Ary said:
Wes, the trackbar mount is made of 3/8" plate and is fully welded to the UCA tower and the tube. I need to gusset from the plate to the U piece that the trackbar actually goes to. As for the height, I made a boo-boo in ordering my shocks and they're too long. If I take the spacers out, they will bottom out. I will work on this issue, but for the time being the spacers will have to do. As for the rear, I'm actually toying with the idea of doing some longer than stock leafs and relocating the hangers to get better/more flex. The BOR plan is if I decide against doing the custom route. I know the Jeep is a little taller than it needs to be(more so in the front than the rear), and I'm hoping the new coils will settle some to help with this. Overall I'm very happy with the way things turned out for the first try, but as in all things, fine tuning is necessary.

Thanks everyone for the comments and compliments.

Ary

Edit: As for adding long thin leaves to the existing pack. I'm gonna nix that idea because this pack is so far gone, it's rediculous. Before I added the STIFF AAL the whole pack was "w" shaped and let the axle wrap like crazy.

I would move the shackle hanger down, I really really like this idea!

Thanks for clearing up about the spacer and block. I was wondering why you added those.

Last edited:
Got some better pics:

Front%20daylight.jpg

Front pinion angle/DS clearance(i.e. there's lots of it :D )
front%20pinoin%20angle.jpg

The rear is about 1.5" narrower than the front and gives it a very tall appearance. I'm planning to run wheels with less BS to widen the stance. I like the width difference from front to rear as it tracks WONDERFULLY
Rear%20daylight.jpg

Rear quarter panel shot
Rear%20DS%20daylight.jpg

UCA/trackbar mount
UCA%20mount.jpg

UCA/trackbar mount with proposed gussets
UCA%20mount%20with%20gussets.jpg

Whatcha think?

Ary

Last edited:
wow thats a nice setup, ary!!! Nice job! Yep, i'd say it could be widened just a hair....looks pretty tippy, but thats just my 3 cents:)

Kris

FarmerMatt said:
Ary, I would fit in either channel iron or rect. tube & fish mouth it to fit the axle tube nicely. I think you'll need more than just the gussets you have pictured.

Matt

Hmm, ok, even though it's welded to the UCA mount too? I hadn't thought of that, but it surely can't hurt. Beefing that area up is definately on the list of things to do in the near future, and which way I do it really doesn't matter in the grand scheme of things fab/time wise. Just to clarify, the main plate is 3/8" thick, and the channel that the trackbar sits in is a piece of tubing cut out. The bolt goes through the two sides of the tubing(one on each side of the bushing) and then through the 3/8" plate. The channel is fully welded around the top radius, as well as along the flat portion where it sits against the flat plate. I chamfered the edges and burned it in really hot with 7018, so I'm not worried about anything breaking/ripping, mostly just bending.

Oh, and I drilled the hole out for a 1/2" bolt from 7/16" or whatever metric size it was before.

Thanks

Ary

Back