• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Anyone up for Sunday 4/27 trail run?

Kejtar

PostMaster General
NAXJA Member
I'm thinking something in the desert area maybe? Dale Mine district in the Joshua Tree Area?

Any takers? The trails there are as challenging as you make them... anything from stock to mid hard :)

Remi aka Kejtar

More info

OK, for starters the old mining district is interesting... It's the grey dotted line to the right of the oasis visitor center. Then we enter the park and can either exit through berdugo canyon (south west) or through Pinkham Canyon Road... we'll play things by ear depending on time of course :)

http://www.nps.gov/jotr/ppmaps/jotrmap.pdf

We can all meet in Oasis visitor's center parking lot as it's a spot hard to miss and it's outside of park (no fees :) :) )

Remi aka Kejtar

An alternate return trip for you guys...kinda fun and easy as pie.

I'm not sure what the name of the road is, but I call it power road, anyway, it's a power line access road that goes from Yucca Valley down into Desert Hot Springs. If I remember right it takes roughly an hour to get through it, some kinda-fun steep switch-backy descents in there, nothing to terribly tough, good excuse to throw it into 4WD Low. I'll try to find it in Topo, otherwise I'll get my dad to chime in here (after all, he's the local to those parts!)

Sequoia
Oh - And I won't be going on this one as I'll be at the Coachella Music Festival abusing my ear and drinking very expensive beer and water.

Remi
Isn't it the Cottonwood Ranger Sta. ? & I thought it was in the Nat.Park. My first choice would be Pinkham Cyn. over Berdoo. As Pinkham starts to turn S. on the N. side of the road is a short road to SnowCloud mine it's the only thing to see in Pinkham.
Just past the turn to the mine the road start to go S. and theres a cut off that goes to Thermal Cyn. (more of a sand wash where Pinkham is gravel). If you exit Pinkham when you reach the Aqueduct Rd. go E. on this nice graded road to the Gas pumping plant (tan building) you past it coming in earlier. Get on the freeway there. The Cyn. Sequoia was refering to is either Long Cyn. or Wide Cyn. (I think) but it's further W. many miles.
I've got to work & listen to Sequoia ALL ! night at the fest. from my house.
See Ya ! have fun....
Curt (aka Xtreme XJ)
The weather should be nice.... abit of wind is forecast.

well.. we'd meet up north in the visitors center which is outside of the park while cottonwood we'd pass on our way out..
ANyways we'd enter it from the side and go south through the park to exit the other end.... :)

Kejtar

Make'n a loop.....

I didn't think of make'n a loop ......sorry about that. Either way have fun.
Curt (aka Xtreme XJ)

Forgot the important part... meeting time 9am :) On Sunday 4/27/03 at the Oasis visitor's center.

General area map: http://www.nps.gov/jotr/ppmaps/jotrmap.pdf

Also.. Everyone please make sure to bring for yourself some food and EXTRA water as well as make sure to have a CB. If you don't have a CB, drop me an email and we might be able to work something out (I think I got at least one handheld I can loan out).
( [email protected] )

Remi aka Kejtar

any limitations?

I have a cb and lights and all but I'm still working on tow points although I have a strap. Just wonderin If my rig (see bottom) is going to make it!:bunny:

you have hitch in the rear? hmmm..... I think for this Sunday front TowPoints will be recommended but not required.... :)

Remi aka Kejtar

will have hitch in rear building my own and taking pics to prove it!~:bunny:

Back