• NAXJA is having its 18th annual March Membership Drive!!!
    Everyone who joins or renews during March will be entered into a drawing!
    More Information - Join/Renew
  • Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

gears, revolution, nitro,motive,g2,alloy.... whats quality?

4x4JeePmaNthINg

NAXJA Forum User
i have read that superiors VP is now with Revolution, which backs korean made gears vs indian. timken...koyo is anything out there absolute crap?, i want to do this right not twice.

looking for any help,

thank you everyone

Last edited:
There is some good, some bad, and even some funny info on that link.....

About 90% of all Aftermarket gears (for the D30, D44, D60, and many others) are all from one importer that sells to most Every company whose name is on the box, and they just rebox. USA Standard have not been, Yukon 2nds or such, for many years. And actually are typically the same exact gears in box boxes.

I Sell mostly USA Standard as they are the least $, and same exact gear in the box as brand A,B,etc...As for a "warranty" well that bacially is a Joke on gears. If they are setup correctly then they wont fail, unless grossly over loaded, and that is extremely rare and typically not covered under a "warranty". Then the most common reason why a gear set needs to be replaced, is break in, no gears are covered under "warranty", against negligent/over heating of the gear oil, during the first initial 250-500miles. Or of course the last reason why a gear set needs to be replaced, improper setup, and not covered under a "warranty" either...

Now as to who to buy, I would HIGHLY recommend a USA standard or Yukon master kit. You will not find any others that have all the items they include. Ask if your master kit, comes with Inner axle seals for the front, or all the baffles, or all the slingers, or a HUGE assortment of set up shims? You have no idea how much easier it is if you are just slightly off on your setup and you want to just grab a .002" shim to add, or subtract. Rather than takes multiples and adding them up and then taking others and trying to produce that same amount with 3-5 other shim changes.

Spend Less, Get more, and get quality that will last you...
http://rwkhaussupply.com/usa-standard-xj-gear-package-special.html

What RWKhaus said pretty much sums it up, set em up right and it shouldn't be an issue. I have USA standard in my old axles, worked great never any issues. Will probably go the same route when the time comes to build the new axles.

Only if you already have the carriers in the wrong ratio.

As long as you order the correct lockers for the ratio you plan on running you'll be fine. Any vendor that's worth a second look will let you know if the parts don't match.

He asked for the rear...
If a 8.25, there is no difference, all ratios are the same, no "Carrier break"
If a D35 Carrier Breaks: 0-3.31 / 3.54 - up
If a D44 Carrier Breaks: 0-3.73 / 3.92 - up

Back