• NAXJA is having its 18th annual March Membership Drive!!!
    Everyone who joins or renews during March will be entered into a drawing!
    More Information - Join/Renew
  • Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Long rod stroker parts

RCP Phx

NAXJA Forum User
Russ at Bishop-Buehl sells stroker kits and parts, he just doesn't have a website.

Do yourself a solid and start by calling him.

Bishop-Buehl Racing Engines
531 N. Lyall Avenue
West Covina, California 91790
Work (626) 967-1000
Fax (626) 967-7836
Cell (626) 673-2203
Email/PayPal: [email protected]

Russ already has them made and on the shelf.

Also his own manufactured chromoly rods and custom cam's.

I contacted Russ today, he sounded like a very informed/talented person in regards to the 4.0. He's going to send me more info on his products and his machine work!

Russ is the man. I just grabbed the Eagle 6.150s out of my brother's shed--one day I'll build a long rod stroker. . .

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I spoke with Russ again today and ordered the crank, rods, pistons and camshaft! The build is on!!

Russ still has to send me a bill, but it should be about 1500$.

You should do a ported head or an Edelbrock for the fast burn chamber. The factory head May choke you on torque/power production.

I just decided to do this on Wednesday so everything is pretty fluid right now, I just wanted to get the "known" parts ordered. Since mine is a 2000, I've got several things on my mind. I'd like to send my new CCH 0331 head to Russ for the works, but I haven't figured out what I want to do with the exhaust. Russ can do my intake manifold with no problem, but I haven't figured out what to do about the TB either!

(for the record, banks does not recognize amazon as an authorized distributor, so they won't honor their warranty on a header purchased at amazon.

amazon on the other hand honors the full factory warranty period of a banks header for exchange or refund direct from amazon, way better deal imho).

I just decided to do this on Wednesday so everything is pretty fluid right now, I just wanted to get the "known" parts ordered. Since mine is a 2000, I've got several things on my mind. I'd like to send my new CCH 0331 head to Russ for the works, but I haven't figured out what I want to do with the exhaust. Russ can do my intake manifold with no problem, but I haven't figured out what to do about the TB either!

I want to add that I'm not sure what to do with the stud girdle as I normally use ARP main studs.

We're racing on strokers nearly 12:1 and exceeding 6000 RPM's on stock main and head bolts with no problems.

Do you have the Cali or Fed emissions? You definitely want at least a 2.5" collector or more. The girdle isn't necessary, but I re-used mine and used 2 washers per bolt to space it out and clearanced the pan for them and the hi-volume oil pump(not necessary). Russ sells rods that have lower profiles so think they clear w/o clearancing the pan.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Back