• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

How to get door locks and column ignition tumblers reset/rekeyed

bradleyheathhays

NAXJA Forum User
'96 XJ here and I have a bit of a security breach I need to deal with. I believe a key to the old 96er feel into unknown hands so I need to get all the lock cylinders retumbled. How do I go about doing this? I've taken door locks out before so that should be doable. But for the column tumbler I really don't know, either what to take off or whom to take it to.

Who can retumble my two door locks and ignition key cylinder for me? Is this a dealer only kind of job?

Been told now to either get them from a JY or Amazon. I like the idea of new so I'll prob explore that option first.

How can I look up what cylinder part numbers I should be looking for?... for all 5 cylinders actually...doors, ignition, glove and lift gate.

If you want new, that's your best bet. I would think any locksmith could rekey them all too, though. Probably charge you an hour labor which would likely be more than just ordering off amazon, though. Depends on how much your time is worth

Back