• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

99 Cheorkee Sport. The beginning.

If you have another vehicle to use for a while, there's a guy on ebay that will bore out your tb for around $50.

Well...how bout an update...
Been busting ass on my rig lately. Got a few things done that needed to be done wilst it still being my daily driver.

I installed some predator headlights...AWESOME!. I'm very happy with their performance. And 2 more Hella fogs.

ON

sites for uploading pictures

OFF

online gif hosting

Cavfab one ton steering

get url for picture

Installed Spicer ball joints, stubs, and u joints. Kit on amazon 258 bucks.

anonymous image host

Slapped my old lift on a buddy's 99 xj in the midst of all this

how to upload pictures on internet

pictures of a safe

Made my front fender flares out of my originals and a pair of aftermarket ones. I have enough material for the rears leftover. I'm about 50 bucks into em.

pix image

bbcode for images

image hosting no sign up

free image cdn

Well...how bout an update...
Been busting ass on my rig lately. Got a few things done that needed to be done wilst it still being my daily driver.

I installed some predator headlights...AWESOME!. I'm very happy with their performance. And 2 more Hella fogs.

ON

sites for uploading pictures

OFF

online gif hosting

Cavfab one ton steering

get url for picture

best free photo hostingInstalled Spicer ball joints, stubs, and u joints. Kit on amazon 258 bucks. Even painted my stubs.

anonymous image host

Slapped my old lift on a buddy's 99 xj in the midst of all this

how to upload pictures on internet

pictures of a safe

Made my front fender flares out of my originals and a pair of aftermarket ones. I have enough material for the rears leftover. I'm about 50 bucks into em.

pix image

bbcode for images

image hosting no sign up

free image cdn

I used my original set, and a set of aftermarket ones. I strategically hacked them up and fused and reinforced the pieces back together on the back side, bodyworked the exterior. To make them sit up higher and drop further back on the fender, than I used some old gm trim fasteners to mount them to the fenders via holes through the fenders with nuts. I finally got around to rattle can bedlining them last weekend. As well as the rears and rockers. Dupli-color bed armor man...its the shit, lays out nice.
They look sweet, I've already been asked where I got them...lol.

The hella 500s do the job. I replaced the halogen 55 watt h3 bulbs with 25 watt LED bulbs. It was either that or run some heavier gauge wires in the circuit to accommodate the wattage of the added 2 lights. I'm happy with it, just as bright, but white...which is better imo.

I installed a trans temp gauge as week last weekend too, running about 150 average up to 170 parked, and down as low as 130 on the freeway. All is well

images upload

photos uploaded

Some other mods have moved up on my list.

Looking at the JCR rock sliders. Coming very soon

Ditching steering stabilizer idea, don't need it.

Diy Axle truss and or sleeves for the d30. Coming very soon.

GEARS, 4.88s with the front carrier. This thing is a pig. It drives alright around town but it doesn't like 70mph,
Thinking instead I'll do an Aussie locker in the rear and selectable front, shafts too of course. Gonna have to save for a while though to afford the axle stuff, and have it done right. I would like to attempt it myself, but I have never done them and I'd have to admit I'm a little intimidated. Any pro tips?
As for now it's fine tooling around town, and it's good on the trails, if I don't go too hard.

As money permits. :dunno:

Last edited:
Nice work! Personally, Id buy a truss, youll save your self a lot of headache and probably cash going that route. Plenty of places have truss kits available. Might even be worth while to rotate your c's while your working on it. As for gears find someone that can install the right, sometimes chapter members can hook you up!

Just an update.
Got my axle truss installed.i got the JCR one. It's not as hardcore as others, but it'll do for my type of wheeling. Been considering a d44 front and rear set up, eventually.

I replaced my sway bar bushings, rear bumpstops, nothing big lately.

Went to a local truck meet a friend of mine put on for the 4th. Like 130 trucks showed up.
It was more of a brodozer meet. With 8 categories that people voted for. Every truck got a number.
I think the categories were.
Most patriotic
Best wheels
Best old body style
Best overall setup
Best stock rig
Best off-road
A couple others I'm forgetting.

But I won best off-road!!! I got a bucket with some wash supplies and a sweet Matco pick set.
I built a rti out of 2 by 10s
:patriot:

Pics once I fire up my laptop.

I just had some built from a buddy of mine that owns twisted metal fabrication in Arlington. They are stout and he will build you anything you want. PM me if you want information

Back