• NAXJA is having its 18th annual March Membership Drive!!!
    Everyone who joins or renews during March will be entered into a drawing!
    More Information - Join/Renew
  • Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

89 XJ Warm Engine/No Start

You're getting this all backwards. The CPS generates a signal. Test for voltage at it's connector with it unplugged.

Sorry, I appreciate your time and patience. So I just used my voltmeter on AC to the CPS connector, cranked it, and I still got 000. So this weekend I will pull it and do the drill hole deal...TBC...

Maybe try checking for CPS signal voltage with an analog meter? I've heard the digital ones can have a tough time understanding the waves of current that these types of sensors produce.

Also, might check your IAC. No start, then starting with open throttle is a tell tale for that, from what I've experienced in the past.

My IAC is less than a year old...but I have seen new bad parts...It idles well, considering I have an RV cam in it...and it never drops while driving...

My IAC is less than a year old...but I have seen new bad parts...It idles well, considering I have an RV cam in it...and it never drops while driving...
I've had issues with new IAC's myself... darn things can be a headache. Not making any guarantees, but I've seen them stick on startup, which explains why it'll start with throttle, then they'll pick back up after the engine is running. Replacing it has fixed that particular issue for me in the past. Again, can't say for sure, but it sounds like something I've been through before. Doesn't explain the 0V from the CPS, so not sure what's going on there, except for maybe bad spacing? Still speculation.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

Honestly, yes, but not for a while, and not before commenting. Apologies if some of my info is inaccurate. I was just speaking from things I've experienced in the past. I have used some of your info in the past and found it to be very helpful (thanks, btw)!

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

go visit the site again. A lot has been added. do the basics first.

OK, So I have done the CPS mod, and I am getting .5 to .7 V now...Still have the warm engine no start, however, This time after no start condition, I proceeded to try and start it with WOT, and bam! fired right the hell up...

If your injectors leak down while setting, your WOT stab is a "clear flood" command to the ECU. A fuel pressure test would verify this.

OK, my fuel pressure is 35 with no bleed off. I also have new 4 hole Bosch Injectors (spendy), all new rubber grommets for the seals, and a new fuel pressure regulator. Oh, and thank you for your reply...I want to make a list of all the items I have done off of your website ;) Love it!

You Rock!:guitar:

So I ran "Amy" for a good hall yesterday. Let her sit, start, sit longer, start, and so far she starts. Not always the same start up, a little finessing, but she starts...So I'm abit perplexed...not sure yet if the warm engine no start is fixed or not....time will tell... I wanted to also test the upgraded cooling system,(major mods) so from 6800ft to 8500ft climb on asphalt, between 45 and 55mph she went from 185 to a max of 226, then came right back down to 185/195 normal op temp for me. No lean condition, o2 readings were good (ideal to rich). So I,m not sure if 226 is too hot or just borderline under these conditions...ramble ramble...anyways ,thanks for all the feedback, more is always appreciated...

Back