• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Adding fog / driving lights...

djxjer

NAXJA Forum User
I have searched for a step by step guide to installing some driving / fog lights to my XJ and have come up short. Can anyone help with instructions to adding lights (either to the front bumper or cowl... location still in the air) - especially the electrical wiring? I am a bit useless when it comes to electrics, so if anyone has a "how to for dummies" instruction guide, that would be helpful. By the way 96 XJ with no factory fog lights...
THX
:huh:

Do you want fog, driving or both lights? The wiring is super easy and most kits will come with instructions. You will want to secure the terminals better than they usually tell you to, ensure the wires are secured and not just loosely run through the engine bay. Also, I'd put some protection over the wires to help protect them, like the plastic wire covers available at any parts stores.
Deciding on what lights you want will help to determine where to mount them to effectively use their beam patterns.

Back