• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

new kicks

RedChuck

NAXJA Forum User
im looking at another set of AT KOs. im trying to pick the width. i use my jeep as a DD i do occasionally go out on the beach to surf fish but i ice climb so im out in the snow and the mountains. for the winter. to those who drive in the snow often what width do you prefer?

currently i run 29x9.5 and am very happy with its performance in the snow. it digs in or down to the road and grabs. even in 30" powder they have done well only issues im having is ground clearance. does anyone run the 33x9.5. how do they handle on road?

i want a 32 or 33 tire which leaves me with
33x9.5
33x10.5
32x11.5
33x12.5

some down falls i was told about tall narrow tires are less stabillity onroad and potential of dig down for traction on loose stuff and sinking (ie sand and mud) but pos are less rolling resistance and more pressure per sq inch on the contact patch and the opposite is true for wide tires

im running the 33 10.5 tls or whatever swampers and on more then one occation guys with the fat 12.5 tires would just sit spin and flaot while id dig a little and rip right up the hills. now they didnt have swampers they had mudd tires tho. but the swampers do ride real hard on road and i dont think id get them agian for a dd but i couldnt beat the deal i got on them.

3.5" lift
stock alloys (but im getting steels)

well i don't do much sand at all and the 9.5s i have now work so i don't think the sand is a factor.

im really trying to find out what grips best in snow. packed or still fluffy

found some threads on another forum where 3 dudes battled about this question it came down to low pressure wide if you want to float or narrow to sink and grasp the stiff grippe stuff. anyways im still undecided. maybe i should go middle of the road.

i have 33 \12.50 pro comp extreme mud terrains i love them they do great in mud on the trail and on the rocks. they also have a long life span on the road. they are also pretty quite at high speeds.:thumbup:

Back