• NAXJA is having its 18th annual March Membership Drive!!!
    Everyone who joins or renews during March will be entered into a drawing!
    More Information - Join/Renew
  • Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Mechanical fan pulley

alexgalexg

NAXJA Forum User
1998 Jeep Xj 4.0
That badly designed fan pulley that is pressed into the a.c. compressor bracket is squeaking. I can do one of two things. Take the bracket to a shop and have them remove the old bearing and install the new one, or I could just do it myself. Thing is I don't have the press for it. Anyone know which one I need and what it'll cost?

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

I recently replaced the fan housing bearing on my 01 XJ.
Found all the information needed on this youtube video.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6SQnw1lqYjs

Used the same bearing and tools, it didn't take long to do.

Thanks. Will have to Take it to a shop since I don't have the tools but this will work

I used an inexpensive Harbor Freight ball-joint press and three-jack puller for this.
It might be cheaper to buy the tools than to have a shop do the job.
Most of my tools have paid for themselves, sometimes, the first time they are used and, many times, I get to learn a new skill. Win win.

I used an inexpensive Harbor Freight ball-joint press and three-jack puller for this.
It might be cheaper to buy the tools than to have a shop do the job.
Most of my tools have paid for themselves, sometimes, the first time they are used and, many times, I get to learn a new skill. Win win.
I will have to see where the nearest harbor freight is. Thanks for this

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Back