• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

renix cruise control

Was just moving my Cruise servo out of the way to reach the rear valve cover bolts, and hiding behind and underneath the servo I find this lonley guy, a connector hang out..., LOL. Could this be why my Cruise has never worked?

LOL, that is a rhetorical question.

picture.php

i still haven't looked into mine. im thinking of fulling a spare servo apart to see how it works. and to see if i should be getting voltage places

Not sure if they can be pulled apart, but they have a vacuum port that can be tested to see if the internal diaphragm leaks. I suspect they have a DC stepper motor like the IAC has. I suspect mine was disconnected for high idle diagnostics, or because it was miss-behaving causing speed control issues? Or they just forgot to reconnect it after doing major work on it before I bought it.

Problem is how to safely test it for me.

at least the renix has a vacuum dump valve so if the brake is pressed it releases the vacuum from the servo and kills the acceleration. i have 2 servos and neither seem to work so im thinking its an electrical thing. i was reading on a corvette servo an that one has 2 solenoids inside the servo on one should get power when just the switch is turned to on. so i figure if i pop it apart i can see what wires go to what.

it could be that the pots for the adjustments have gone south and it wont engage. or the speed sensor is shot.

You do know there is a yellow cruise computer under the drivers side dash right?

at least the renix has a vacuum dump valve so if the brake is pressed it releases the vacuum from the servo and kills the acceleration. i have 2 servos and neither seem to work so im thinking its an electrical thing. i was reading on a corvette servo an that one has 2 solenoids inside the servo on one should get power when just the switch is turned to on. so i figure if i pop it apart i can see what wires go to what.

it could be that the pots for the adjustments have gone south and it wont engage. or the speed sensor is shot.

yes i swapped that from the spare parts bin to. still no go. checked all switch inputs but did not check speed input. i did swap out the speed sensor.

This is one of the items I have yet to see (IIRC) a manual or write up on ever?

Back