• NAXJA is having its 18th annual March Membership Drive!!!
    Everyone who joins or renews during March will be entered into a drawing!
    More Information - Join/Renew
  • Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

HI guys

jhs2

NAXJA Forum User
hiya everyone!...Im kinda new to the jeep thing. I ran a raggedy old Ford stepside once upon a time.Kids came and money (and time) went. I inherited an xj and just puttered it around until last year. In the process of harvesting the crops,i had to get out and play in the mud. I was really impressed with how it performed!....so now i got the bug again..lol. I have read a lot on the forums about the d44 and fabbing it in. But since I have all these old Ford parts, I just gotta ask......anyone ever used a big block Ford engine in an xj??!...I have a very sweet 429 police interceptor that needs to find a new engine bay.....
thanks in advance for the comments and suggestions
I have really enjoyed reading the forums and have gotten a lot of questions answered already.

put it this way, i have seen BB 454's, i have a SBC 350 so i know it can be done but its all in how you do it as to how it will work, but i really recomend the 1 ton axles from your old fords no matter what engine you run
DSCN0122.jpg

my engine during install, good luck.

nice!!
i already have the axles out and am in the process of working them up for my jeep. :0

IMHO the best Ford for the XJ is the 90's 302 HO. 92-95 Mustang was my favorite. If your a Ford man you knw what I'm talking about. Electrially the easyest FI engine to swap in anywhere. Can be well built and is smaller then the 350 chevy but can be built to about the same standards. What ever you swap in you will need lots of unibody reinforcing.

ya i thought about the 302, but i dont have one of them ready to go like i do the 429..lol. So I'm not sure what engine ima run yet

Back