• NAXJA is having its 18th annual March Membership Drive!!!
    Everyone who joins or renews during March will be entered into a drawing!
    More Information - Join/Renew
  • Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Got the beadlocks done.

tonesxj

NAXJA Forum User
Rock City's DIY's, got em done now I just need to go try them out. Thanks again Matt for burning them on.

BL3.jpg

BL2.jpg

BL1.jpg

Tony

That looks great Tony. Tell an ignorant guy why go DIY vs. buying them done? Is there a big difference in cost? I know nothing about the process of building them but I imagine it would require some pretty impressive skills.

riverfever said:
I imagine it would require some pretty impressive skills.

I'm not gonna touch that one...........:D

Chris, if you buy beadlocks, they come all ready to go on a wheel. If you opt for a DYI kit. You recieve the parts to turn your existing wheels into beadlocks. So as you can imagine, its quite a bit cheaper. And yes, you have to be able to weld well to put these together.

Just as a comparison, a Trail ready Beadlock wheel is $200+, and Rock Stomper Lock Kit is $80 a piece (per wheel). So if you know someone that welds, or if you give Matt enough Guinness, this route is much more cost effective................:cheers:

Last edited:
riverfever said:
That looks great Tony. Tell an ignorant guy why go DIY vs. buying them done? Is there a big difference in cost? I know nothing about the process of building them but I imagine it would require some pretty impressive skills.

Price was deifinitely the factor for me. DJ pretty much covered the difference. It is more labor, probably 10-12 hours total, glad I had help! Welding isn't something I can do too good so....some beer and off to Matt's I went.

Back