• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

XJ Lift Suspension Question

Scott Williams

NAXJA Forum User
OK, last year I put the Rusty's 3" Full Spring Pack on my '99 XJ along with some 31"x10.5"x15" tires. I've posted about this before... the rear was initially about 4.5", and hasn't really settled much even to date. I've read other posts on this, and see that I am not alone in this with Rusty's lift. Anyway, besides the vibration issues I've had, the rear of the truck was too high compared to the front. So recently I put some 3/4" spacers in the front. This leveled the truck up a good bit, but now I have some other issues. The steering is "loose," would a single steering stabilizer as listed on Rusty's site help? Also, I have some "squeaking" in the front end when steering, particularly when turning right. I think it's either the front sway bar because of the angle it's now at, or one of the other steering components. I'm going to re-grease everything, I just haven't had time yet... any suggestions?

Steering Stab wont help anything, just mask it. Make sure everything is tightened down. Make sure the steering box bolts are tightened down again with a long cheater bar (that helped mine). Your rod ends might be bad or loose. Double and triple check everything. As for the sqeeking I just turn up the radio:D Too many to worry about:cool:

Did you align it after adding the spacers?

Back