• NAXJA is having its 18th annual March Membership Drive!!!
    Everyone who joins or renews during March will be entered into a drawing!
    More Information - Join/Renew
  • Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Replacement LCA's - tire rubbing fix?

mfascuba

NAXJA Forum User
I finished a mild (2" BB) lift and put 31's on my 1997 XJ. I expected (and got) the tires to rub on the LCA's when the wheel is turned full to either side. The LCA's are new replacements (came with the new bushings), and my question is, if I replace them with aftermarket LCA's that are tubing instead of stampings, is that enough clearance to stop the tires from rubbing? I'd be looking for a fixed length replacement arm, probably with rubber bushings to maintain ride quality, etc.

Any comments?

thanks,

Mark

If you unscrew your steering stops and put a washer under it, you can space it out enough to stop the rub.

31x10.50???

When I had my 34x10.50's mounted on stock rims I cranked the steering stops out,it cured the tire rubbage but my turning radius sucked.

Got fed up with making 3 point turns on the trail so I got some crager soft 8's with 4" back space....

WJ LCAs work good. On a newly purchased 98XJ the tires rubbed (31X10.5s), so I tried the WJ LCAs. No rubbing, and full turning radius.

I had the 98 in the garage on a level floor, backed up my 89 XJ close enough to ratchet strap the axels from the front and block the tires in the back. Removed and replaced 1 LCA at a time, job done in 20 minutes.

Did a search a while back and some one had already done it. Gotta love naxja.org, some ones already done it and shared the "how to".

Back