• NAXJA is having its 18th annual March Membership Drive!!!
    Everyone who joins or renews during March will be entered into a drawing!
    More Information - Join/Renew
  • Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Love it when one of my plumbing

RichP

NAXJA Forum User
Jobs works and does not fight me, leak or otherwise tick me off.... especially when it's on the second floor with finished rooms underneath it.
For you plumbers, when I had the filter put in the plumber smeared some kind of teflon grease all over the threads on the filter cannister to keep it from being tough to unscrew and screw back in, what was the stuff, need to get a tube/can/bottle for the next filter change in 3 more months.

Must be some kind of teflon paste, we use a couple different brands of it where I work. Most hardware stores should carry some version of it. Good stuff, just don't get it on your hands/clothes cause it gets everywhere.

Don't use the teflon paste on a water filter housing.

Use a non-toxic silicone grease like this (about 2/3 down on the page)
http://www.northernbrewer.com/gas-handling.html

Pretty sure something similar is available at Ace hardware

lesslimited said:
Don't use the teflon paste on a water filter housing.

Use a non-toxic silicone grease like this (about 2/3 down on the page)
http://www.northernbrewer.com/gas-handling.html

Pretty sure something similar is available at Ace hardware

Which one
Lubrifilm
Silicon
or
petrogel
Don't want something thats going to glue it together :D

RichP said:
Jobs works and does not fight me, leak or otherwise tick me off.... especially when it's on the second floor with finished rooms underneath it.
For you plumbers, when I had the filter put in the plumber smeared some kind of teflon grease all over the threads on the filter cannister to keep it from being tough to unscrew and screw back in, what was the stuff, need to get a tube/can/bottle for the next filter change in 3 more months.
Loc Tite makes a teflon pipe thread sealer in a tube. They also make Teflon thread in a roll (that doesn't tear or fold, kind of like teflon hemp), that works better than teflon tape.
I often use vaseline or plastic pipe assembly Gel, to coat the gaskets, either works well. I prefer the Vaseline, as I expect somebody may drink the water some day.:rattle:
I occasionally go by the wholesalers and ask about samples. I've got almost a lifetime supply of LocTite Products, they make some neat stuff. Loc Tite is turning into the Ridgid of consumables.
Plumbing chores suddenly got really easy for me, my son just got his jouneymans licsense.:roflmao: Now it's my turn to ignore him when he asks for tools, take as long as humanly possible to produce the proper tool or be picking my nose when water is squirting all over the place. Payback is a MoFo.

They're all basically the same thing. I use the Lubrifilm on my keg quick connects.

lesslimited said:
They're all basically the same thing. I use the Lubrifilm on my keg quick connects.
Most any restuarant wholesaler, has a tube of edigle teflon gel, they use for assembling milk shake machines and the quick disconnects on the drink canisters and such, vaseline works just as well.

Back