• NAXJA is having its 18th annual March Membership Drive!!!
    Everyone who joins or renews during March will be entered into a drawing!
    More Information - Join/Renew
  • Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Rock Krawler Mid Arm?

i think you are overthinking the long arm thing.

i beat mine off of everything. even to the point that i bent 2"x.25" DOM. never once did i think that it was a hindrance. in actuality, the lower control arm made a great skid for the front drive shaft.

Since your concerns are adjustability and ground clearance I would lean towards the TNT kit.
DSC00527.JPG

or this when the get it finished...............

http://www.naxja.org/forum/showthread.php?t=1143773

Seems like every one of their product development threads ends the same way -- abruptly

They left me hanging mid private conversation where their marketing manager said "these are available for pre-order" -- my reply was "I'm interested, how much?"

That was around 2 months ago. Never to be heard from again both in private messages and their own thread

Point is I wouldn't hold my breathe for that to be available to just anyone

Seems like every one of their product development threads ends the same way -- abruptly

They left me hanging mid private conversation where their marketing manager said "these are available for pre-order" -- my reply was "I'm interested, how much?"

That was around 2 months ago. Never to be heard from again both in private messages and their own thread

Point is I wouldn't hold my breathe for that to be available to just anyone

Did you reply back again or try Facebook? Andy has always been good at quick replies And chatting.

I've never wanted long arms because they just look thrown together to me, and I felt like geometry was an after thought because the arms were so long. Plus I didn't want to sacrifice any on road handling as I drive my truck harder than I should, And I've heard that you lose a little bit of that. Plus isn't floor board clearance an issue? Especially with raised mounts.

I've never wanted long arms because they just look thrown together to me, and I felt like geometry was an after thought because the arms were so long. Plus I didn't want to sacrifice any on road handling as I drive my truck harder than I should, And I've heard that you lose a little bit of that. Plus isn't floor board clearance an issue? Especially with raised mounts.

:confused:

Thrown together?

Wrong Geometry?

Sacrificing On Road Handling?

Floor Board Clearance?

Who on earth are you talking to about longarms?

I'll give that they might look thrown together. Maybe you're too concerned with looks, and what people think? Simple fact is, this is a point of personal preference.

Geometry is WHY you go to longarms. A longer arm makes it more smooth in its travel when you've lifted the vehicle. This directly equates to a smoother ride onroad, and more flex off.

Floorboard clearance? Not if it's built right.

I bought my 2000 XJ brand new and started lifting it the following week! 3 yrs and 5 lifts later I settle on radius arms, 14 yrs later, it's never drove better since since(better than stock)!
http://naxja.org/forum/showthread.php?t=1145141

Okay. Well I will look into fitting long arms. Maybe I just don't like them because everyone I know has an RC kit or q radius arm and I don't like those.

I think you need some new friends......

You got some fab skills so if I where you I'd put them to use. I bet you could dial up something that will give you great on and off road capabilities. Obviously you'll have some challenges to get them to work, but end results should be well worth it.

Okay. Well I will look into fitting long arms. Maybe I just don't like them because everyone I know has an RC kit or q radius arm and I don't like those.

By all means, if you can go 3 link, go 3 link. It's a superior setup to longarms.

That being said, there's not too much wrong with longarms, other than they will want to unload on climbs. That however can be dealt with other ways.

I bought my 2000 XJ brand new and started lifting it the following week! 3 yrs and 5 lifts later I settle on radius arms, 14 yrs later, it's never drove better since since(better than stock)!
http://naxja.org/forum/showthread.php?t=1145141

I'm very confused at the difference detween radius arms and 4 link -- why is what you built considered a radius arm setup and not a 4 link setup

Don't you have 4 separate control arms all independent of each other?

Radius arms, the uppers triangulate into the lowers. There are only two points on the fore/aft arms that connect to the chassis.

4-link, there are 4 points on the fore/aft arms that connect.

Guess how many are on the three link!

Radius arms, the uppers triangulate into the lowers. There are only two points on the fore/aft arms that connect to the chassis.

4-link, there are 4 points on the fore/aft arms that connect.

Guess how many are on the three link!

Right -- thats what I thought

RCP Phx, in his link, shows what you just described as 4 link yet he calls it a radius arm setup

Maybe he's confused on the terminology too...

Edit while I can -- Maybe I'm wrong and looking at incomplete pictures in his thread -- Sure looks like he has the tabs welded on the lower arm for the uppers in the 1 painted, what seems to be complete, lower arm -- With no picture of the complete, painted, installed setup we'll have to wait for him to confirm

Last edited:
It's definitely "radius arm". While I mocked it all up I was using all the factory mounts/arms to hold the axle in place.

I built a custom midarm 3 link and it drives on the road amazing and wheels great. I have a lot more traction than stock short arms. I been very happy with it.
5549e983ff19a03286b41092356dbf61.jpg
4d9257ecadbda74d348f29c2022e3b80.jpg
44ae2897eb927219a79fb5e38c5bb627.jpg
9289d460f1b62a0de63b1f7fe0367a57.jpg
a8cb468a9f10f0164e280bf760ae36c5.jpg

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

That's some what more of a mid-arms set-up!

This is the direction I am heading, re: the r/s frame mount, what was the upper and lower mount separation dimension that you used and also the axle mount C/L height.

Any other sizing tips like eye to eye length etc......

Back