• NAXJA is having its 18th annual March Membership Drive!!!
    Everyone who joins or renews during March will be entered into a drawing!
    More Information - Join/Renew
  • Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Stomper

you and me both, brotha. As the story goes at the front of this thread, while I bought it from one of my closest friends, he bought it from another good friend, now gone. I'll be toasting Pony Boy frequently while tearing it down.

yes you do, yes you do, yes you do.

OK... we'll start today?

Axles:

Front -- High Pinion KingPin D60 (1979) - 4.88 gears, full detroit locker, Warn Premium hubs, complete brake to brake. 70" wms to wms;

Rear: -- Full Float D70 - 10.5" ring gear, 4.88 gearing, full detroit, TSM Mfg disc brake conversion (Caddy calipers with e-brake). 70" wms to wms...

PM coming.

Starting the axle swap, or at least acquiring the parts, to downgrade the stomper for its at least partial part out...

F250 D44's are markedly heavier than their Rubi cousins... so says my back. Picked this one up complete, with newish though rusty rotors and calipers, as well as the driveshaft and all mounting hardware for $350... not bad. '78 4:09, open.

KP D60 detroit locked with 4.88 will be coming out when I find the time... for the rear I am picking up a 4.10 Sterling 10.5 this weekend for a couple bills ('96), which will allow me to pull the detroit locked disc-brake D70 out of the rear...

I don't have em for sale yet, David!

Oh, no, just saying they are not out from under the beast yet, you have time to save your nickels... they will most certainly be for sale, it's just a question of when I find time to do the swap.

Details, Matt, easily resolved. :D

Back