• NAXJA is having its 18th annual March Membership Drive!!!
    Everyone who joins or renews during March will be entered into a drawing!
    More Information - Join/Renew
  • Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Diff Rebuild Time

techno1154

NAXJA Member
NAXJA Member
I need to rebuild the diff's in the old XJ. I also want to regear and add some form of traction device. Where do I find the best value for money? Complete rebuild kit including seals and bearings are also needed. Thanks.

well. as far as rebuilding your diffs. if you stall a locker you are going to need a rebuild kit anyway... Try your local 4wheelparts store. I have a buddy that works there so I get some discount on whatever I need to buy. (ie lockers batterys rebuild kits etc.) they can match most peoples price so that would be a good place to start..

as far as traction goes. I went with a ARB up front and a Detriot in the rear. If yours a Daily driver and you dont feel comfortable driving around with a full locker, than go with duel ARBs. it will be a bit more expensive but your tires will thank you for it. there are a bunch of LSDs (limited slip) out there but why waist money on a half locker?:D

a diff rebuild kit can be bought for somewhere around 100-120 dollars includes all the bearings/ shims / nuts / seals. so you should be set after that.

you should consider having some sort of 4x4 shop install your gears for you. whichever ones you pick.

Back