• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Geinding noise after New brake pads

Treleaven

NAXJA Forum User
98 4.0 aw4 w/ 4.5" lift and 33's

Put new brake pads on. The rotors looked fine so I did not change them. Now when I brake, they work great, but once I am about to come to a stop they grind. Was barely noticeable but now it seems to be getting worse.

Calipers looked fine and they were properly opened up. The slide pins were properly lubricated.

98 4.0 aw4 w/ 4.5" lift and 33's

Put new brake pads on. The rotors looked fine so I did not change them. Now when I brake, they work great, but once I am about to come to a stop they grind. Was barely noticeable but now it seems to be getting worse.

Calipers looked fine and they were properly opened up. The slide pins were properly lubricated.

If the 98 uses the same anti rattle clips as the Renix 87-90 jeeps, I would suspect one has shifted and hung up, or broken, and or was installed the wrong way. They are 3 wrong ways to install them LOL, and only one right way. Also did you check the slide rails the pads slide on to see if they are have notches or gouges dug into them.

DSC01647.jpg

Back