• NAXJA is having its 18th annual March Membership Drive!!!
    Everyone who joins or renews during March will be entered into a drawing!
    More Information - Join/Renew
  • Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Slightly low fuel pressure

GoBig06

NAXJA Forum User
I have a 1999 4.0L xj that I currently replaced the catalytic converter and up/downstream O2 sensors. I was driving on the highway to get my cat hot for the emissions test and I got a P0300 random missfire code. I replaced all the spark plugs and wires then I tested the fuel pressure and got 44-45 PSI. Which is slightly low from the 49 PSI I should be getting. Is this a cause for concern or should I be chasing issues else where?

I think the fuel pressure is fine. I would look at #1 plug wire or maybe all plug wires.Start it at dark night and look for any sparks from wires. Also check the rotor cap and rotor.

Last edited:
Bosch O2 sensors or NTK ? Rebooted the PCM after the install ?

Bosch 13138 and 13399 (upstream and downstream). I think I rebooted the PCM. I disconnected the battery and then reconnected it. Is that enough?

No for most reboots take at least 10 minutes.If you don't need it i would leave it over night.

Started it back up. It was a little rough at first but it's idling fine now around 6-700ish. Error code went away too. I'll drive it around more tonight to see if the error code pops back up.

Back