• NAXJA is having its 18th annual March Membership Drive!!!
    Everyone who joins or renews during March will be entered into a drawing!
    More Information - Join/Renew
  • Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

dome light,radio and door locks no worky

mudrat

NAXJA Forum User
yesterday i was doing some work uder the hood and had to leave for a while so i disconnected the light under the hood. In doing so a little metal contact feel out. when i went to put this peice back in i must have shorted something out as my dome and map lights are not working along with my door locks and radio. i checked all fuses in the fus ebox and they were all good. how do i check the larger metal fuses? also where can i find a diagram of the fuse box and relays? thanks for any help

Could you post information about your Jeep (ie. year of vehicle).
The 97+ have an additional fuse box behind the passenger side kick panel to the right of and beneath the glove box.

While this is not for a 1994 XJ; the 1996 should be close enough.
This is the fuse block beneath the dash board.

Passenger side kick panel fuse breakdown for a 1996 XJ
01 - 25A Rear Wiper/Washer
02 - 15A Radio, Cigar Lighter
03 - Empty
04 - 15A Passing Light
05 - 30A Blower Motor
06 - 30A (Circuit Breaker) Power Windows
07 - 02A ABS
08 - 20A Turn Signal Flasher
09 - 10A Radio/Clock Memory, Courtesy Lights, Glove Box, Cargo, Dome Lights, Telltales
10 - Empty
11 - 25A Headlamp Delay Module, Horn
12 - Empty
13 - 20A Power Door Locks
14 - Empty
15 - 15A Instrument Panel Lamps, Clock/Radio and Memory, Headlamp Switch, Parking Lamps
16 - 30A (Circuit Breaker) Power Seats, Trailer Tow
17 - 7.5A Instrument Cluster Gauges, Headlamp Delay Module, Chime Module, Overhead Console
18 - 25A Rear Defrost
19 - 05A Instrument Panel Lamps, Radio Illumination
20 - 5.5A (Circuit Breaker) Windshield Wipers and Washers

Back