• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Front Dana 44 info

bryanv

NAXJA Forum User
i found a front d44 as well as a rear d60 for my xj just wondering the d44 has 4 piston calipers but has the small hubs what is the deal with that? i mean it is cool that it has the 4 piston calipers but didn't they come on the d60 front axles. they have to flat top knuckles. (an you say hydro assist high steer) i am not sure of the axle slpine count any help would be appreicated.
thanks
bryan verdeur

bryanv said:
i found a front d44 as well as a rear d60 for my xj just wondering the d44 has 4 piston calipers but has the small hubs what is the deal with that? i mean it is cool that it has the 4 piston calipers but didn't they come on the d60 front axles. they have to flat top knuckles. (an you say hydro assist high steer) i am not sure of the axle slpine count any help would be appreicated.
thanks
bryan verdeur
the Ford models did come with duel piston Calipers, Sometimes if you plan to run 15" rims you will have to grind down the outer edge of the bracket it mounts on to clear the inside edge of the rim, just the outer edge of it though about and inch wide and about a 1/4" deep but that would be something you would do after you start fitting your rim to it and you want to do it a little at a time until they fit

fullsize: i know i have to cut the rotor if i run 15inch wheel but that will not be the problem i was just wondering if it came from the factory with those calipers becasue it still has the small locking hubs on it. i just thought the 4 piston calipers came on d60s. Does anyone know the spline count on this axle?

F250s came with flat tops and 4 piston calipers. This axle should be a bit wider than the F150. Some F150 extended cabs came with flat tops, but I don't think they will have the 4 piston calipers. I'd assume the axle is 8 lug?

Back