• NAXJA is having its 18th annual March Membership Drive!!!
    Everyone who joins or renews during March will be entered into a drawing!
    More Information - Join/Renew
  • Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Wireless winch control/bumper

crazy4mopar

NAXJA Forum User
Hi Guys
I need to figure out if a Milemarker wireless controller will work with a Ramsey REP 8000 winch...The Ramsey wireless controller is 129.00, The wireless Milemarker controller is on sale for 59.00, but will it work?? Both ends are round and have 3 prongs.

I also need to figure out some sort of front bumper. I'm thinking I may do a removable winch style bumper because I don't need the extra weight on the front year round.
Any pros/cons?

The remote should work. Even if the remote plug doesn't match exactly you can easily splice into the remote wiring between the plug and the solenoid pack.

Removeable winch bumpers tend to give better clearance and you're not humping the extra weight of the winch all the time. You also have the option of moving the winch to the rear if needed and if you have a receiver.

Fitting the winch to the bumper will destroy your angles because the receiver slot is usually lower than a bumper mounted winch and the cradle protrudes further. The winch/cradle has to go in the cab when you're wheeling and fitted as and when you need it. Attatching a 50 pound winch when you're stuck bad can be a PITA. Do you have the space? And (decent) tiedowns - A winch upside your head is probably going to ruin your day.

Your winch is somewhat better protected from the elements and theft but you need to add the cost of a receiver cradle to the project.

Andre

Where did you find that deal Lee? Is it a factory sale or just a private party selling 1? I'm interested in getting that for my Warn 8000i. Do tell. :)

Troy

Back