• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Anyone using JKS rear shock conversion?

sanjuanxj

NAXJA Forum User
Saturday afternoon I sheared one of my upper rear shock mount bolts while out running around in the Jawbone Offroad area, and figured it was a good time to consider an upgrade. (I've had this problem before) Does anyone have an opinion about and/or is running the JKS rear shock coversion?

Run um. Easy to install (need a washer as a spacer). Call Dirk at DPG (see vendors) to discuss and buy.

have you removed your rear sway bar? If so, you can use the axle mount brackets to make your own. I've got 'em on mine, but I'll probably reinforce them some before I flog the poop out of them.

What about the JKS Adjustable Cross-Over Shock Mount. Anyone using it?

I am. It's fine. I got it beucae I raised my lower shock mounts to be even with the axle tubes... and I didn't want to run super short shocks. If you are using stock axle side shock mounts, you will proably need longer shocks to use the cross-over shock mount.

I've heard some criticism of it, saying that shocks mounted at an angle aren't as effective as shocks mounted perpedicular to the axle, which makes sense. But, it seems to ride fine for me.

You will have to modify your exhaust. I just cut mine off at the muffler.

Back