• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Gen-Right Crawler, expanded capacity tank

IslanderXJ

NAXJA Forum User
Forgot to mention that it comes with a skid,
The expanded capacity tank should be about 25 gal capacity,
the high clearance will maintain stock fuel capacity but will allow allow for a few inch longer wheelbase and a little more tuck.

Last edited:
I like the idea and considered this tank when I had my LJ. For the XJ though, unless your needing extra compacity, I don't know if its worth it. Not saying I don't want one, but for 800 bucks... idk.

Just honest truth there dude.

A high clearance tank with stock or a bit more capacity would be nice, but I don't know for 800. The aluminum looks nice but I don't mind my plastic tank, lighter. Now if someone made a larger plastic tank that was high clearance with a skid, I'd be interested it that.

The idea of just an inch more clearance for 800 kinda blows my mind, but then again, I don't mind dragging my butt over rocks either. But anyways, you're not getting much out of it I don't think unless you have a low profile rear bumper as well, and then you're still limited to your frame rails and tires for your departure angle. I donno, I'd pay 800 for a bit more clearance in other area's, but I'm not sure it would be worth it in a gas tank. Great idea though and nice looking products from there.

I'm not involved in the production or sales of it, I was just doing Gen-Right a favor by throwing it out there.
$800 is a little steep from my point of view also, but then I remembered that skid rows gas tank skid is just under $250, which means the tank is about $550.

IslanderXJ said:
I'm not involved in the production or sales of it, I was just doing Gen-Right a favor by throwing it out there.
$800 is a little steep from my point of view also, but then I remembered that skid rows gas tank skid is just under $250, which means the tank is about $550.

If you put it that way, $550 isnt worth an extra 5 gallons of fuel. A jerry can is a whole lot cheaper...

AARON

Some more info:
It has 2 internal baffles and a Labyrinth sump at the fuel pick up to keep fuel at the pick up no matter what angle. (for those of us who have stalled out when running at high angles, you know why this is good.

Each tank is has CNC machined fittings, is TIG welded by hand and pressure tested for 24 hours to assure no leaks.

The tank price also includes new factory Mopar roll over/vent valves too.

Back