• NAXJA is having its 18th annual March Membership Drive!!!
    Everyone who joins or renews during March will be entered into a drawing!
    More Information - Join/Renew
  • Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Rear Window Defroster Grid Repair

permatex makes a brush on repair for the defroster wires, i believe it's liquid copper or something similar. no idea if it works or not but I have sold a few of the kits and they are available at NAPA.

After screwing around for years with the auto parts stores permatex kits and others, I just ordered silver epoxy from Amazon. Best part is the customer comments. I bought the MG chemicals 8331 kit for about $40. Not cheap, but probably enough to fix grids for the rest of your life. Worked great after bad results from other kits.

After screwing around for years with the auto parts stores permatex kits and others, I just ordered silver epoxy from Amazon. Best part is the customer comments. I bought the MG chemicals 8331 kit for about $40. Not cheap, but probably enough to fix grids for the rest of your life. Worked great after bad results from other kits.

Thanks Winterbeater. That shows it is a two part epoxy. Was it hard yo apply? I'm thinking you would have to carefully tape off the grid line, mix and apply?

I just mixed a little and put it on with a toothpick. Kind of crude. Taping like you would for a pin stripe would be safer as far as smearing too much around. It takes a little while to cure, depending on the temperature. We were in the 30's, so I put a heat gun to it for about 10 or 15 minutes and it hardened up great. Easy fix.

Back