• NAXJA is having its 18th annual March Membership Drive!!!
    Everyone who joins or renews during March will be entered into a drawing!
    More Information - Join/Renew
  • Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

H.O valve cover causing idle problem on my renix

Precious88xj

NAXJA Forum User
Hey so ive been reading that you can install a H.O valve cover on a renix

I went through with that install and im having idle problems is it possible that it is due to valve cover ?
If you happen to know why it does or doesnt work I'd like to know an explanation beyond yes it fits and has the same type of hole.

THANKS

Explain your idle problems.

How do you have the two ports plumbed. I ran the back one with a smaller nipple to the intake manifold like a pcv system. And the front is plumbed into the intake tube like a breather.

given the answer was not no I'm going to take it as there is a possibility. My plumbing is matches that of what my renix had back end to the manifold and front end to air filter. it stumbles at idle but seems normal when its reving

How about what valve cover did you use? Is it the stamped steel, or an alum stock one, or one of the aftermarket ones from crown, omix. It may not have the rear baffle sealed properly. SO there is a possibility....

Back