• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

My new buggy build......

x2elite

NAXJA Forum User
It is probably going to be a pretty slow going build. Here is my new tube chassis, and I will very likely be using my 4.0/AW4 combo to power this buggy, now that I have worked out the wiring details. Plans are to run a full width D44/9" combo, some 40-42" tires, coilovers/airshocks, 4 links rear, radius arm front, and who knows what all other goodies.

Here are the pics....

photo-33.jpg

photo-32.jpg

photo-31.jpg

photo-30.jpg

IF you are gonna run a buggy, at least take the sami hood off and throw something jeep oriented on...

and i'll take a chassis if you have any extras laying around sounds like a fun undertaking

LOL Well Tyler the buggy will at the very least be running my XJ powerplant. But I am also looking to try to make it more "Cherokee Like" I am going to do some experimenting with my hood and grille to see if I can make it work on there.

My radius arms will be built more like these most likely...

radiusarm.jpg

radiusarmsplated.jpg

Thanks I think it needs a trip to the sandblaster pretty soon.

i like the back half, very nice! i will be watching this one.

If anyone know of any good deals on Air Shocks or coilovers please let me know.

Those are nice shocks, but $500 for used seems a little steep. I am probably going to go with some Fox 16" travel, and I can get them new for around $215.00 each.

Got all the links built for my rear four link, and all my brackets just got delivered from ballistic today. I also have some air shocks for the rear getting shipped to me (should be here next Monday). Once I get that stuff in I can go ahead and setup the rear suspension (since my rear axle should be here that day as well). Also once my axles get here I can start building my radius arms for the front as well. Picked up a set of racing bucket seats today, and 4 point harnesses to go with them. Still looking for a set of coilovers if anyone sees any for sale cheap.

Alright, in the last two weeks I have rounded up the following parts:
-fox 2.0 16 inch travel air shocks for the rear
-fox 2.5 16 inch travel air shocks for the front
-full hydro steer setup
-2 racing buckets w/4 point harnesses
-4 brand new 39.5 inch pitbull rockers
-4 new rock crawler 15x10 wheels
-10 ballistic 2.63 joints
-rear lower links out of 2.5" 3/8's wall (HEAVY)
-rear upper links out of 2" 1/4 wall
-front radius arms built from 2" 1/4 wall
-spooled rear 9" with 5.38's
-Detroit locked front HP44 with 5.38's
-klune/Dana 20 transfer

I am rounding up parts faster then I thought I would, so hopefully in the next couple weeks I can have the suspension put together and it can officially be a roller. Then I can start putting the motor in it.

I'll snap some pics of everything later on today when I am over at the shop.

Back