• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

BUYER BEWARE- ICELAND OFFROAD

njjeepthing

NAXJA Forum User
Just and FYI for anyone looking at an Iceland Offroad product. I spoke with Emil at Iceland at the beginning of the month. I had some questions about the bumper and what not. I spoke with him two times, once to ask my questions and once to place an order. Long story short I decided to cancel the order a few days after placing it b/c of unforeseen circumstances on my end. I emailed Emil and told him I would like to cancel the order. I got a response in probably about 2 days, saying no problem the order would be cancelled and my CC would be refunded. That was on 4/16. One week went by and still no credit. I emailed again and got the response your card will be credited by the end of the week. Still no credit at the end of last week. I emailed again stating that I wanted my credit processed ASAP and I was reporting it to my CC company. I guess I should have known better b/c on the day I placed the order the CC company called and asked if I had placed the order, b/c it looked kinda funny to them. Based on that discussion, I quickly cancelled that CC and got a new one to avoid anything fishy. Ok fast forward to yesterday, I emailed one last time for my credit, got a email back this morning stating that they have been issuing a lot of credits lately and they couldn't process it till the end of the week. I than called today and asked that my credit be processed today, Emil responded that he would take care of it by the end of the week bc they had so many other credits to process. I said I am sorry this is unacceptable in my eyes. As a retailer myself if someone walks into my shop and returns something I am obligated than and there to refund their money on the spot, not a week later. Emil got very verbally abusive, and called be a f'in asshole and than hung up on me. I promptly reported this action to my CC company along with all correspondence with Iceland off road. They have tied up almost $600 if my credit line for almost 15 days. I know it takes a few days to process sometimes but this is just not good business practice.

So buyer beware, I'd be very hesitant to give this company my hard earned $$$.

From what I have been hearing the two partners have split and the company might be going under. There are a couple of threads out there talking about this.

thanks for the heads up, theres been a lot of chatter lately about their flares. im sure those inclined to run flares appreciate the heads up as well!

Recenly read a thread where customers hadnt gotten their product after repeated promises also. So it looks like the word is out, customers want their money back and they cant refund all the purchases either..

A note on the CC calling you: was this your first large purchase on that card? Or your first purchase of that type? When I got my tax refund and went on a "spending spree" last year (new TV since the old one was crapping out, and a few other things totaling $900), my bank called to make sure it was actually me buying stuff.

I'd report them to the BBB in whatever state they're in (UT, maybe?) for the cussing out portion as well as the 2 weeks+ with no refund. Get the credit card company after them as well and it's likely the card will refund you the money and then the company will go after them to get their money back.

Gee, didn't see this coming! :rolleyes:

That really sucks. I wanted to order a front winch bumper system and fender flares for my ZJ at the end of the year, but such a new company with nothing but BAD reviews says it will take years of good reviews to even think about it.

I'd report them to the BBB in whatever state they're in (UT, maybe?) for the cussing out portion as well as the 2 weeks+ with no refund.

Did you miss the name of the company? Iceland Offroad. Take one guess where they are located.

That really sucks. I wanted to order a front winch bumper system and fender flares for my ZJ at the end of the year, but such a new company with nothing but BAD reviews says it will take years of good reviews to even think about it.

I was interested in their ZJ winch mount using factory bumper cover.

The bumpers are very stylish.

We have worked closely with Emil in the past and have had good experiences. I would really hate to see his company go under because his products are very well made. The flares and rockers on the Master-Pull ZJ come from him and we love them.

-Alex

I was talking with a guy in town. He ordered a front bumper and flares for his WJ through them in December. His flares made it to his place before he did(he was deployed in Iraq), the bumper on the other hand just came in last week.

We talked with them again last week, I mentioned that customers were becoming unhappy with these issues. Hopefully something will be done because they do have so many stellar products.

-Alex

We talked with them again last week, I mentioned that customers were becoming unhappy with these issues. Hopefully something will be done because they do have so many stellar products.

-Alex

What did they say in response to that? I'm curious what they said. Now that I have seen their products first hand I know they are well made!

Back