• NAXJA is having its 18th annual March Membership Drive!!!
    Everyone who joins or renews during March will be entered into a drawing!
    More Information - Join/Renew
  • Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

TLowery04 - Cashion Oklahoma

TLowery04

NAXJA Forum User
Well, My old '89 has held together well, but its time for some upgrades. This is a parts rig i bought recently, I will be striping anything usable off of it and storing the parts or selling them off to cover costs.

I will also update this thread hopefully tomorrow with pictures of my daily and a secure plan with what i am going to do with it :cheers:

(clickable thumbnails)

WOW $200 for all that?

The rear axle alone is worth more than that. Nice fine sir. The body looks to be in good shape. I would love to take the body off your hands but youu live a little far for me.

yeah unfortunately I'm pretty far away from well, just about everybody i think... I've seen a few people on here from edmond and okc though so I know I'm not alone in my jeep addiction in this neck of the woods...

Yeah that rear axle is a great find. Most would pay way more than $200 for the D44 alone.

going to spend today dismantling the red jeep. decided to run it accross the scales or practice my welding and look for a body with a title further on down the line.

gotta convince my dad to lend me part of his barn for parts storage though haha

the second jeep there is my daily driver. good engine => junk body oh well...

Make sure you pull all the goodies off of that parts jeep, you could actually make quite a bit just parting it out. Hell if I had more room at my house, I would just buy all the junkers I see around here, tear them down, organize the parts in storage, and sell the parts either here or on ebay.

i would not mind doing that myself, if i condensed the back barn (lumber storage) down to one side i could set up some shelving for parts, not alot of space but enough to park two rigs and a work bench for parting out i think

is there a steady following for jeep parts out there?

i see 1-2 jeeps under 500 here every week or two

You have a pretty good central location, and there are always folks looking for parts on here. NAXJA is a good place for parting out rigs.

shoot if that thing has a front arb i call dibs on it! hopefully its got lower gears as well. (if you are going to part it) :D

Last edited:
floor pans on the red '92 are rusted through, still gonna try to pull patch panels off of it, no word yet on if the lockers are still there i just rolled it off the trailor a couple minutes ago and towed it behind our barn with the lawn mower, just tossed a d30 front end with a twisted knuckle and no guts so maybe it was in that one and didnt get transfered over i dont know... had some pretty slick lcas on it though. I got in contact with custome 4x4 fab... still surprised they are not on here... (http://www.custom4x4fabrication.com/front_xj.html) and found out a new front hoop without paint would run me about 40 bucks, gonna try to get one monday.

I'm going to use as many of the parts off this xj on mine as possible, he was running 31 10.5 r15s so i'll have some weather beaten rollers for my next find, and if i can get my jeep where i want it to be this winter i am hoping to make it to rom as a naxja member in red =)

have a good one all

locked in the rear, not in the front.

still trying to figure out how to take off the rear tire carrier bumper... gonna need flex sockets i think bleh

front bumper is off and I'm going to either try and bend one side out or go with the replacements,

I'm looking at a set of Hercules Trail Diggers down at the farmers co-op for a set of mudding spares.

no arb compressor and the wiring has been hacked up =\

also there was a little black bottle housed in the bumper? looked like an elongated toilet float... any ideas?

I should have a complete d30 and some windows and misc parts to trade or sell off for the engine trans and transfer case if anyone is interested

also there was a little black bottle housed in the bumper? looked like an elongated toilet float... any ideas?

thats the vacuum canister. there should be a yellow line (mine was yellow) coming out of it.

started the teardown, gonna chunk any parts that are cracked or broken... anybody looking for anything specific? (I'll post up in the FSW section too)

100_0680.jpg

wtf. how am i supposed to get these out?

They shouldn't be that long,and the nuts on the back side are supposed to be welded into the body so you shouldn't have to get a wrench on the back side. (unless the welded nut breaks loose, then you will have a good time, been there done that).

if i remember right i did mine with a short socket and an extension that was basically the length of what an adapter would be then when i got them out far enough used a regular old wrench to finish it off

Back