• NAXJA is having its 18th annual March Membership Drive!!!
    Everyone who joins or renews during March will be entered into a drawing!
    More Information - Join/Renew
  • Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Art's 87

oh and here is one of my buddies 47" LTBs dwarfing my 42s... the ltbs are going on his k5 project crawler, but they are stuck in my backyard for now lol

36bc7a45.jpg

Let's see a side shot of the comp cut/rear quarter and how that rubber fits in there.

finally been getting to work on this thing... got rid of the coils up front in favor of some radflo 2.5 14" travel air shocks...
48b1c7be-d778-65cf.jpg

48b1c7be-d367-b577.jpg

started the cage work today... this is where we stopped today, we're getting a fresh start in the morning so i'll have more progress and pics tomorrow...

e1d2b6b7.jpg

b710aa82.jpg

Looks like you'll have it ready in time for ROM......or maybe not.

well i still gotta order and install the 5.38s front and rear, plumb up the brakes, misc items like motor mounts and trans mount, driveshafts, new wheel bearings for the dana 60, traction bars for the rear... after that it'll be really close... but there is no way thats happening before ROM... and ROM is at barnwell this year so i aint going lol
'

and this is where we ended today... ran through two milwaukee hole saws on the notcher really quick, never buying those again... the lennox hole saw lasted 10 times as long as the milwaukees
e3c63210.jpg

I've had good luck with my Rigid hole saws from Home Depot. Still on my first 1 3/4 one. Now if I could say the same about a drill...

i couldnt find a rigid at home depot, those had been recommended to me for tube notching... anyways i got another lenox from the fastenall that is like 2 seconds from the house and it works great

ordered 5.38s front and rear with rebuild kits... thats the last big ticket item... i can finally start buttoning this thing up... hoping by the end of the summer to have 100% of the bs items taken care of and be wheeling

Anyone worried what happened to this thing? Well its going pretty well, a ton has changed since the last update. Currently its broken, i broke a dana 60 steering knuckle at katemcy, but i got some solid axle industries beeeeeef replacement knuckles for it. I am happy with the jeep it crawls well.

tagane7y.jpg
de9uvy5a.jpg
yju4yrej.jpg
yqa3a3eh.jpg

Back