• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

95 country speaker?

Afireinside

NAXJA Forum User
So I have a 95 country edition xj. Just put in a new head unit and it's time for speakers. Im curious if I can 6.5 speakers in it? I have the factory Jensen fronts and a sound bar in the rear.

I'm also curious if I can put speakers in the tailgate with a lesser trim model cover. Am I limited to 5 1/4 ?

Thanks

Rear would be hard since it's fiberglass. I would think the front should be easy. I did exactly that on my old foxbody. I just used some Tin shears and cut some slices in and bent the metal away to make them fit. There's a lot of room in the doors there to do it.

I had 6.5 front and rear in my 99 with earlier sound bar in back. Had to gently shave the hole in the soundboard and drill new holes (and find clips for screws) in front all I had to do was drill new holes. Just started moving stuff over to 2000 with factory rear speakers, need to see if I can keep my 6.5s there or not

Sent from my 2PS64 using Tapatalk

I put 6.5 in my sound bar, trim the hole till it fits, then make new mount holes. Was able to fit the speaker covers back on to. Looks un molested. Covers are tight.

Back