• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Drop mounts for front control arm mounts

jcianci

NAXJA Forum User
Hi all.

Just wondering if anyone has made there own drop mounts to drop the control arm mounting points on their jeep. i know that i think ribicon make some mounts but i am having dramas getting the parts.

i want to get things sorted so i can lift the jeep another 4 inches to between 6 and 8, then i will get some 33s on it ready for summer

any help would be appreciated im really exited about doing this mod!!

I didnt make my own but I love my RE Drop brackets. Well worth the money. Its worth not having to deal with it. Call Dan Turner at Loose Nuts Enterprises and he'll fix ya up.

If you have the fab skills to make drop brackets then you have the fab skills to turn you controll arms into a long arm kit. It may even be easier.

the one problem is that i live in queensland in australia. so its proving a bit tricky to get the gear over. Does anyone know any companies that can ship to down under?

Is the extra money worth it to go to long arms?

Thanks

jon

You can ship thru UPS. http://wwwapps.ups.com/ctc/request You may have fun with customs but other than that I don't see how it would be a problem.

OR You could buy the Brackets, pay for my plane ticket and hotel and I'll bring them to you! I've always wanted to go to Australia. Wheres the best place to go be a tourist?

now thats an awesome idea!

By far the best place is gold coast, thousands of kilometers of white beach to drive flat out along! Ever been sand 4x4ing? It can be pretty fun!

So does anyone have a idea how much something like the brackets would cost to ship? and cot to buy? i know our dollar is doing really well against the American dollar at the moment so i figured now would be a great time.

jcianci said:
i know our dollar is doing really well against the American dollar at the moment so i figured now would be a great time.
Ah I don't wanna hear it! Lets trade money. The go for around $300 and I tried to get a shipping quote but it wanted a zip code. Did you try that link i supplied.

Yes I drive on the beach everytime I go on vacation. Tho we only have about 5 miles of beach instead of thousands of kilometers... thats about the same as 10 miles right?..........im kidding.

jcianci said:
is the extra money worth it to go to long arms?
:doh: :twak: uuuhhhh YES!!

ColoradoRaptor said:
:doh: :twak: uuuhhhh YES!!
That kinda depends my good friend! I get just as much flex from my drop brackets as my friend does from his long arms. The smooth rides are comparable. The only real downfall that people say is the POSSIBILITY of hanging up on the rocks with the brackets. I don't wheel on rocks so I dont know. Most people say they don't have problems with that. With that said the price of a good set of long arms are easily double the price of drop brackets. It's all in what you're gunna do with it. Original poster, If you are deciding between long arms or drop brackets then you may request that Cal give you his input since I do believe he has experienced both DBs and LAs.

what are you guys recommending for the lift kits? Bang for buck what are the best setups you have used? I have a 4 inch kit that is made by a company called fulcrum.

If i go higher, i want to reduce the angle of the arms - either by long arm or drop brackets.

It will probably be easier to source a complete kit, because i would assume that i would need longer brake lines etc, so what kits would you recommend and why?

Does anyone know where to find a site that has a comparison between the kits?

Thanks

I built my own drop brackets. It took a lot of time to design and fabricate, but only cost me ~$30.
I don't think I'd bother at 4" of lift; I'm at 6.5, so, in my opinion, they are required.

d44lcakg2.jpg

Thought I'd add an opinion regarding "long arms".
With drop brackets, your caster remains fairly constant throughout wheel travel; however, since the arms are still short, at extreme droop/compression, the wheels move dramatically, forward/rearward, within the wheel wells.
With long arm (radius-style), caster changes significantly at extreme compression/droop; however, wheel movement, with in the wheel well-front-to-rear-remains fairly constant.
The best of both worlds, is 3, or 4-link long arms.

Last edited:
Back