• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Cooling system flush machines

RichP

NAXJA Forum User
The one at my friends shop has impressed me enough to know it would be a usefull addtion to my tool collection. They work off of air or electric but the shop models for commercial use are over a $grand$. Anybody come across one for home use thats cheaper ???
Basically the commercial ones have two tanks, one for new coolant and one for old, you disconnect the upper hose and put two adapters on, one on the hose and one on the radator bung, then plug the systems two hoses in. The system draws a vac and sucks the old fluid into the old tank and then you switch the valve lineup and while still drawing vacum it sucks the new fluid out of the new tank, thru the cooling system and replaces it. As the new fluid goes in you can actually see the remainder of the old stuff get pushed out as it is supplanted :D by the new coolant. Do it right and you don't even get your hands wet... I found a plethora :D or commercial models but they are big bucks.....

B-G or Snap-on ? Look for a garage going out of business(usally a death).Or a used or returned one,Snap-on gets replacement from garages all the time,not sure what the used price would be.
I can get the flush&fill for about $60 down here so I have not checked on the cost of the unit.
Wayne

Wayne Sihler said:
B-G or Snap-on ? Look for a garage going out of business(usally a death).Or a used or returned one,Snap-on gets replacement from garages all the time,not sure what the used price would be.
I can get the flush&fill for about $60 down here so I have not checked on the cost of the unit.
Wayne
I'm kinda leaning towards the a unit by itself, at $60 x 4 vehicles it won't take long to buy one vs having it done....besides that would allow me to remove the old stuff, refill with water and 7 hour flush, remove the flush and crud and then refill with new coolant.

Back