• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Front axle off center A 1/2''

gsperaz

NAXJA Forum User
I have 2001 XJ 4.0 4x4 with 2.5'' lift on 245/75/16 rubicons.
All front end parts are in good condition and a recent alignment has been done. But I noticed that the passenger side front tire sticks out pass the fender flair about 1/2'' more then the driver side.
Can this be corrected ? adjustable track bar perhaps ?

That doesnt seem to be something with the track bar, unless you've already swapped it with one that was too long for the lift. Because the pivot point is on the drivers side, when you lift a vehicle the axle should be pulled toward the drivers side and stick out further on that side.

Yea,I guess thats what I don't understand, why its off on the passenger side. Not sure what caused this, I bought 4 months ago and did not notice the issue with the stock tires and wheels.
If not the track bar, how else can I get the front axle centered again.

Chit sorry my bad, didn't read it right..

It sounds like they installed the wrong T B, can you adjust it or is it stock?..I know my wifes is to one side(Passanger) cause i used my track bar off my 6.5 lift on hers..She sits about 4.5 to 5"..

I have one of each from a donor axle I just bought. The bracket is in fine shape, but the track bar has 126,000 miles on it. You can have both of them if you want to pay for shipping.[/QUOTE,
Ian,
I really need the frame bracket, how much to ship to zip 30534.
What year XJ is it off of ?
I really appreciate the offer. I can get a new TB for 75 bucks so thats no big deal. Let me know asap.
Do you have paypal ?

Back