• NAXJA is having its 18th annual March Membership Drive!!!
    Everyone who joins or renews during March will be entered into a drawing!
    More Information - Join/Renew
  • Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Front brake lines and proportioning valve fittings

robertxj

NAXJA Forum User
Attempted to change out a front left brake line on the wife's 99 XJ last night. Of course the line I got from parts store had fitting that didn't work. I had one good fitting from bad line that I was going to use on proportioning valve side. It leaked worse than the perforation in the line. Can anybody tell me (1) if the adapter fitting in the proportioning valve (Master cylinder end) is available, because mine is now damaged, and (2) whether it is an inverted (double) flare, or bubble flare at the prop. valve? I know its probably covered somewhere, but I've searched and can't find it. Thanks

I’m dealing with a leaking one on my 99 and gotta replace it as well. Subscribed and hope somebody knows the answer to this.

I was able to find the pre-bent line on a Mopar site. No longer available, but there was a good pic. So I know its just a regular inverted flare. Checking with stealership today to see if fitting is available separate from pro. valve

Back